Chapter Two: Lament

BEFORE WE START THE CHAPTER... I'll put on real facts for the fic so it might clear up the ideas on how Hybrids age, technically during infancy their growth is boosted according to their species but once reaching a certain maturity age, they stop and continue their age process as humans.

For Cats:

1-month-old kitten = 6-month-old human baby
3-month-old kitten = 4-year-old child 6-month-old kitten = 10 human years old
8-month-old kitten = 15-year-old human
A 1-year-old cat has reached adulthood, the equivalent of 18 human years (Eren stops his age boost here)
2 human years = 24 cat years
4 human years = 35 cat years
6 human years = 42 cat years
8 human years = 50 cat years
10 human years = 60 cat years
12 human years = 70 cat years
14 human years = 80 cat years
16 human years = 84 cat years

For Wolves:

Physically and Mentally:

New Born - 12 weeks = Pup

12 weeks - 1 1/2 years = Teenager

1 1/2 - 3 years = Young Adult

3 - 6 years = Adult

6 - 11 years = Elder

Growth:

3 weeks: the milk teeth appear, they start to explore the den

4 - 5 weeks: short trips outside the den, begin to eat meat

6 weeks: moving up to a mile from the den (with adult wolf)

6 - 8 weeks: pups are weaned, traveling to rendezvous site.

12 weeks: begin to travel with the pack on hunts (with adult wolves)

15 - 28 weeks: milk teeth are replaced

7 - 8 months: begin to hunt with the pack

Eyes open at 12 days, ears at 20.

OKEH LETS BEGIN THE CHAPTER!!

_____________________

Chapter Two: Lament

Death always robs people of their loved ones. Death, comes suddenly, slowly and unexpectedly.

After death has come, grief takes over.

Kuchel Ackerman passed away, December 30th, 33XX, 10:21 pm.

Eren stood there just staring at the empty bed where the woman laid just two days ago, talking to him. The doctors told him she passed in her sleep. It was a peaceful death.

That's not what Eren saw however.

Kuchel laid her, she died alone. She couldn't even hold her baby at that night. Death just took her away without her realizing it.

By now, her body should already have been cremated. He wanted to vomit at the thought. Her time with her was so short, but he knew she didn't deserve this, she deserved life.

As he stood there getting lost in his own thoughts time still went on and without much of it passing by him, his ears picked up on the sound of the door clicking open, effectively pulling him out of his heavy thoughts. Eren turned to see a bunny—Petra, walk in with a bundle in her arms. His heart leaped a little at the idea of keeping a child, followed by a tinge of guilt. He felt like he was robbing someone else's baby. Kuchel didn't even want to leave Levi, yet nature set its course and took her away before she had the chance to raise her little boy.