Believing

Two members were missing from the pack, and not those that had been deceased. Bethany threw her eyes around the remaining of the pack, Serena, Benjamin and Riley.

“Does anyone know why there is absence of our pack tonight?” she asked, cold eyes staring at everyone.

No one utters a movement. Riley stood there, shoulders squared and feet apart as if he were respected.

Benjamin felt sick being near him.

The last time he had seen his best friend, Riley had been a monster that hated his own son. Benjamin didn’t recognise him then and he sure as hell doesn’t now. Whatever they did to the kid over the years has profoundly altered his being. The first pack meet up they had Benjamin had spotted Sam standing away from the others, as if even being near them will spread a deadly disease. When Benjamin had gone up to him later to catch up, Benjamin put his hand on Sam’s shoulder and Sam had recoiled as if struck by a cobra.

“I should be thankful that the youth of the pack are absent. They wouldn’t like what I have to say,” Bethany paused but continued forcefully, “I am led to believe that the omega is reaching his tether.”

Benjamin was the only one in the group that tensed or even seemed to show a negative reaction.

“I fear that if we proceed with treating him as is, he will simply go mad.”

Benjamin let out a sigh of relief. She was going to release him from the omega duty. Finally she saw sense.

“And we don’t need a rogue on our hands.”

Benjamin nodded, agreeing. That was how half of the rogues originated. They were rogues who simply lost their minds.

“So I suggest we kill him before he becomes too much of a hassle.”

Benjamin’s head snapped up, “Kill him?! You can’t do that!”

“And why can’t I? I am the alpha, I can do whatever the hell I want,” Bethany stalked towards her son, making sure he felt the flare of the fury of the alpha.

“That’s inhuman,” Benjamin kept his voice steady. Bethany let out one bark of cruel laughter.

“I’m sorry sweety, but we’re not human,” she resumed her position in the middle of the pack, her eyes sharp like needles as she studied the members.

“Serena, find your daughter and make sure she stays away.”

With that Serena set off.

Bethany snapped her attention to Riley, “Riley, find your son and bring him to me. We must all dispose of him.”

Riley gave a brisk nod and turned to fulfil the orders, but not before Benjamin grasped his shoulder, turning him around.

Benjamin looked at him with earnest eyes, “You can’t kill your son.”

Riley roughly ripped his shoulder out of Benjamin’s firm grasp and gave him a death glare, “That disgrace is not my son.”

When Riley was gone Benjamin was left with the woman he was obliged to share DNA with. He felt sick to the pit of his stomach.

“It’s for the best,” Bethany broke the silence in a soft voice.

“No it’s fucking not!” Benjamin burst out, stalking towards her, “It is not fucking for the best to kill a child because they are reaching the extent of their sanity. Reaching that because you fucking crowned that poor boy alpha. You ruined his life! And I’m sure as hell not letting you end it.”

Bethany let out one laugh of cruelty, mocking Benjamin’s little speech, “Well sonny boy, you have no choice in the matter. Or did you forget that you have to obey alpha’s orders?”

“You’re not an alpha, you’re a sadistic monster.”

Bethany tilted her head to the side and smiled, “Well at least I fit the criteria for werewolf.” She lazily rubbed the back of her neck, “Now go find your son and make sure he gets to witness the execution.”

Benjamin felt the pull of the alpha’s orders, the very one you have to obey. Benjamin shoved past Bethany on pursuit to find his son. He raked his hand through his hair. He hated the fact that he would have to take Jett away from his date to witness the death of a poor boy. Benjamin picked up his pace as he realised something. Yes. That could work. He ran as fast as his human form allowed him to, not wanting the hassle of having to shift and shift back again. He followed the unique and powerful scent of his son.

Benjamin was shocked to see he was led to the beach. But immediately the sound of waves calmed his frantic heart. He took down the beach at a slower pace, pricking his ears for any sound of his son. Ahead he saw a beach house, lit up, the scent of Jett strong. Benjamin scrunched his eyebrows together. And the scent of someone very familiar. Had Jett gone on a date with Felicity? Benjamin blinked. Maybe Felicity was his mate. That sure would explain the scent of mating. With a deep breath Benjamin stepped onto the porch and eased the door open. It was silent throughout the house. Suddenly Benjamin heard a slight creak, maybe someone stepping onto wood, at the back of the house. Benjamin slowly made his way, not wanting to startle Jett or embarrass him.

What he saw wasn’t exactly what he expected to see. Now or ever.

Jett was there alright, stark naked and pressed up another naked being. They were extremely in dept with their kissing, Jett leaning down to meet their face and the concealed person knotting their hands in Jett’s hair, drawing him closer. Benjamin did notice that the person pressed up against Jett was not female.

“Jett…” Benjamin said calmly and Jett jumped back with a yelp, grabbing a towel from behind him and quickly handing one to the person.

Benjamin backed away a little when he saw Sam, standing there shocked and a little red in the face.

“You two…”

“Dad…” Jett was at a loss for words, gripping his towel tighter around his waist. As if for comforting purposes Sam laced his fingers through Jett’s. It clicked.

“You two are mates,” Benjamin stated bluntly. 

Jett nodded, gripping Sam’s hand tighter. Benjamin gave him a weak smile, still in shock. “At least you’ll be more willing to help me.

*

Well? What do you think?

I thought it was an important chapter because it really defines Benjamin as a character. 

The unveiling of the bitch. She will be played by Meryl Streep because that is basically how I visualised her. Picture at the side.

As ever thank you so much for voting and commenting, it means so much. I love you guys for it <3

Votes for next chapter even though you guys are way ahead of me at it by this point: 57.  

The song is dramatic, as is this chapter. Plus my friend just went to her concert and called me for a song five minutes before I began to write this xD 

Right love you guys.

<3