Chapter 34 be my bride?

3 months later

I listen to my music as I breath heavily, running down the street.

I've gained almost 20 pounds since the kidnapping. I weigh the same as I did before, I lost a lot of weight when I was under David's roof...

I turn into my driveway and feel my pulse. I ran atleast one mile today.

I've been running a lot like I used too. It helps me run off steam, my doctor said it helps with my anxiety aswell. I love to talk to my neighbors.

Their all extremely supportive and are always asking how I'm doing.

Kelsey is gone now, back home. I used to talk to her everyday. I haven't heard from her in a week or so. But I still like her Facebook photos and statuses.

My life is slowly coming back to normal. My hip is healed but I have to do do some hip excersizes each day so my prosthetic won't rust up.

I have to go to the doctors 3 times a month for a check up. I'm not longer or any medication, other than sleeping pills and lorazepam from anxiety and panic attacks. Which I have a lot of.

"Hey honey." I kiss Renn on his cheek as I take a walk inside.

"Hey." he hands me a water bottle, which I take a huge gulp of.

"I'm gonna go shower." I yell walking to the bathroom.

Renn and I have a date tonight.

He's surprising me and not telling me where we're going.

I'm nervous

Last time I went on a date with Renn, I ended up in a trunk.

I can't blame Renn, none of it was his fault.

I can't change the past.

The future is unknown... but I am living in today and I will trust that Renn will protect me.

I stand under the soaking water and try and think of good.

My parents have gone back to California, they have been supportive, they're planning on moving here in the fall.

I close my eyes as the warm mist shatters on my pale, wet skin.

I look up and take in the scent of the apple scented shampoo as the water washes away to soapy suds down the drain.

I suddenly hear a knock and my eyes shoot open.

"Carlie?" I hear Renn ask

"Uhm yeah?" I quickly snap back to my senses and begin massaging my scalp, adding some conditioner

"Just making sure you're okay, you've been in there for 10 minutes." He replies

"Oh.. yeah I'm fine, I was just... shaving." I finish washing my hair as I watch the bubbles slowly disappear down the drain signaling my hair is clean.

"Okay.. need anything?" he asks once more

"Nope, I'm fine." I turn the shower off and hop out.

"Alright.." he walks away

I slowly dry off in a few minutes before slipping in my robe. I walk out with a towel wrapped around my hair.

"Hey honey, can you give me a hint to what I should wear?" I yell looking in my closet

"Something... beautiful." he smiles leaning in my doorway

"Oh like this?" I ask holding out a pierce the veil shirt