Chapter 14

I haven't seen David in 2 days, I've not bothered to ask for him, nor have I gone to the kitchen. I've stayed in my 'house' all day and watch TV, I've tried sewing and cross word puzzles which I bought from the store, and I eat from my fridge and pantry.

So far the sewing has formed into a ball of yarn, and the cross word puzzles are making me angry.

I stir my alphabet spaghetios in the bowl and sigh, random letters getting mixed around. A word forms, a name, of all names that I miss...

Renn

I drop my fork and blink, the name disappears... Apr

I shake my head and get up, I'm not hungry. I hear a knock at the door and run to the bathroom shutting and locking the door.

I hear my bedroom door open as I slowly slide down to the floor not taking my eyes off the nob.

Bang bang bang!

"Open the door!" David demands.

I ignore him,

"Open the door, NOW!" He scowls, I roll my eyes.

I hear a few more bangs and the door shakes, one more bang as the door falls to the ground breaking the frame, I flinch and move back
As his angry frame stairs at me as he breaths heavy.
I swallow choking on it as I find a way to get it down,

He steps on the door and walks towards me lifting me by my arm.

"David, please!" I scream as he throws me on the bed, hovering over me,

"You're so worthless." He grits his teeth, I breath heavy as he slowly pushes my hands down into the mattress, his legs are on mine, so now I can't move. I hold back the tears, I can see the anger in his eyes, he is going to hurt me I know it, before I can accept it he quickly pulls out a knife, I head butt him. The pain is horrible but I ignore it, that REALLY looked cooler in the movies.

I throw him off me an run through the open door, both the guards dive for me but I can't fail, I must continue to run.

My head is spinning as a huge migraine kicks in, I get to the stairs and run down them, one after the other until I reach the basement door, I open it up and look behind me to make sure David isn't behind me, I slip in as I hear David's screams from upstairs.

I search around for a flashlight with my hands, and pick up matches

I take one match out and light it up successfully. I hear David's voice get closer and quickly walk to the bottom, I walk around slowly with the dim light from the match, I look all around for an exit, or somewhere to hide.

I walk to the tools and look around the area, I hear the door open as I swing around dropping the match, thankfully the ground is concrete and puts the fire out.

I step on it to make sure it's out for good, I hear him walk down the stairs and quickly turn and hide, grabbing the only thing I can... A screw driver.

Without a light I hide under the tools counter and scoot back until I hit the wall, I sit back with my knees infront of me with the screw driver pointed out.

I feel fine except I can't balance my breathing so it's louder then hoped..

I can hear foot steps, slowly getting closer, I close my mouth and close my eyes.