Chapter 32

AUTHORS NOTE

If you all can tell this story is going to wrap up soon. Probably a few more chapters and they will get interesting *so don't leave me yet* BUT I was thinking of doing a sequel to this story? If you're interested and will read it PLEASE comment, I want to get at least 10 comments on this chapter telling me you'd read it! On the last chapter of 'Kidnapped' I will say if there will be a sequel, or not. So my mind will not be made until than so you have a while
to comment!

---

I walk to his room and notice he is asleep, the sun set is the only light showing his sleeping face, I give a smile before I feel a grip on my mouth, my eyes widen and I try and scream before I'm turned around to meet the persons face.

I calm down at the sight of Kelsey.

"Sorry, I'm not suppose to be here and I didn't wanna startle you. Can we talk?" she asks, I nod and we walk back to my room and she closes the door and curtain.

"What's up?" I ask positioning myself on the bed

"David." she says, I interrupt her

"David! He's out of jail?!" My eyes widen

"No! no, he's just being transferred to a different state. The final court date is tomorrow and I have to bed there, and you have to be there on skype... with us." she sits down

"I thought I made it clear I never wanted to ever see him again!" I argue

"Last time! Do you want justice for the lives lost with the blood on his hands!" She whisper yells

I sit back crossing my arms

"Come on. For Katelynn." the mention of her name makes me jerk. For Katelynn. I agree with her and she leaves.

The sun is down and he stars begin to come out.

I lay back and look out the window as I fall asleep.

"Carlie." I hear a whisper

"Carlie, wake up." the voice adds

I open my eyes.

Katelynn stands infront of me, she looks beautiful, she isn't beaten and bruised.

"Katelynn?" I ask sitting up slightly

"No, don't move. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." she walks to the window and sits on the edge of the vent.

"I'm okay. Are you?" I ask

She looks at me

"I'm dead, Carlie."

I look at my hands as I twirl them around

"You were a really good person. Thank you for helping me." she smiles, just like what Zoe said earlier

"Don't mention it. I'm sorry I didn't-" I can't quiet get the word out.

"Don't worry about it. You did save me, you gave me a few more days to live. If I didn't die for you, Zoe would be dead. You could be too. David has taken way to many lives and I knew it was up to me. I'm glad you're okay." she says, I still feel pain from loosing her.

I smile

"I have to go.." she stands

"Why?" I question

"I can't stay. Goodbye Carlie." she smiles, I try and stop her but she disappears.

My eyes suddenly open and I look around, no signs of Katelynn.

I stand up, ignoring the hip pain; I get my crutches and walk down the hall and take a few turns till I get to Renn's room.

He's awake.

He turns his head and looks at me, smiling.

I walk in and crawl into bed beside him.

We don't talk, I just need to feel comfort from someone.

We lay silent for a moment, I haven't had a regular conversation with him in months.

Renn breaks the silence

"I'm sorry Carlie."

"For what?" I look up at him.

"For not coming with you, for staying on the phone..." he begins to choke up so I stop him from speaking. I forgive him, I know it isn't his fault but he will always feel to blame

"Just do me a favor, and stop blaming yourself. Don't reply, just don't beat yourself up. We can't change the past.." I finish, he is asleep again. I Decide to go back to my room and go to sleep.

I wake up the next morning, everyone is crowded around my room, the girl Zoe lies on a stretcher beside me, she has a breathing tube in her nose.

Renn sits at the end of my bed, he is looking a lot better. No scars but some swelling and remaining beaten flesh is colored with blues and purples of all kinds.

My mother and father are also in the room, waiting for me to lash out on them.

But I don't, I give my mom a small smile. She smiles back with tears in her eyes, my dad gives me a small smirk.

They walk over to me, my mom bends down and gives me a hug. she begins to bawl, telling me how sorry she is, how guilty she feels, and how much she loves me. I forgive her.

I still have some mental scars but time will heal them, hopefully. I Look to my dad, waiting for him to say something. He nods his head once before swallowing a lump and opening his mouth.

He crashes to the ground.

Gets escape his eyes, I can't help but to cry alittle as he professes his mistakes to me. He said how much he didn't like me, and ho we didn't know how much he loved me until he found out I was abducted.

I forgive him aswell.

I look to Renn than to my mom and dad.

"Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend.. Renn." I finally introduce.

"He saved my life, twice." I smile, they look at me. I want to tell them about me being shot, and how Renn stayed with me and we fell inlove but it's too much for now.

Thankfully a women enters interrupting.

She isn't the doctor, nor the nurse. But a women in black pants, they are right but get loose towards the end. She is also wearing a pair of black high heels and a long vest.

She has dark colored skin and medium length black hair pulled into a high ponytail. Very business like.

"Michelle Carter I am the lawyer of Carlie Nicholson, we have a lot to discuss before the final court hearing." she shakes all of our hands before getting down to business

"So Via Skype we will be talking to you in the courtroom, I will speak for you and if there is anything you want to add then wait until you're asked. So let's begin by telling me why you honk he kidnapped you." she asks

I tell her about Kelsey, how he mistook me for her and how much we didn't look alike so I wouldn't know why he took me.

Than we proceed to what happened while I was under his control. From me trying to escape when the trunk door opened, how I was shoved into a room with a rotting deceased officer.

Then how he put me into a room, I made him believe I loved him, when we kissed. How I stabbed him, how I was put into another room, how I was disguised in a blonde wig and contacts and how I went into public under somebody else's control.

I also learned how Kate confessed and told the FBI about that day.

I continued I mention Katelynn and the other girls. My many times of trying to escape. The good, and the bad. I tell her EVERYTHING as she records it on a voice recorder and jots down everything. It takes me 2 hours to describe it all.

After that, Kelsey goes into a private room with my lawyer. I'm assuming to talk about Kelsey's past with David. Michelle comes back an hour later. Another 2 hours pass as Renn and Zoe talk to her. I try not to listen to Zoe because it's too heartrenching to hear her story.

Michelle leaves with all the information and the room is left silent. I notice Renn is hurt, I can't say anything to him now.

The hearing begins in 2 hours.

Zoe is taken out for the time being and I'm left alone with Renn.

"I had to do it Renn. It didn't mean anything-"

"Stop. I'm not mad, I have no reason to be." He assures me coming over and siting beside my bed.

"I love you." I say looking at him

He kisses my forehead

"I love you more." he smiles, I close my eyes, only to be awakened later

"Carlie, it's time to skype the courtroom." my mom wakes me.

I sit up and sigh as she puts the laptop on my lap.

The moment I've been dreading is here. I have to face this man once more to watch him get sent to jail, to hear the felines he has commit and the crimes he has been charged with.

The Skype call has been made and I accept it. Squeezing Renn's hand, David enters the room in an orange jumpsuit, his hands are cuffed and you can hear chains clattering around his ankles.

I swallow a lump as he is escorted in by 2 police officers. The doors close and he stands there. The hearing begins.

I sit by and watch as my lawyer and his lawyer fight back at eachother. This goes on for an hour

"Your honor this man has brutally beaten, starved, scarred and murdered to many women and only 3 have made it out alive." she says

His lawyer has nothing else to say.

The moment of truth comes

"On the charge of manslaughter in the first degree, kidnapping, assaulting and threatening we find the defendant guilty as charged, 35 years in prison in the state of Ohio." The judge slams his mallet. And exits the room, I get a glimpse of David's face and he is in tears.

I look to Renn who's hand is on my shoulder, I pull him in and cry into his shoulder.

"Justice baby." he says before kissing me on the cheek.

I look back at the screen and Michelle gives me a wink before the Skype message ends.

David was charged with 35 years in Ohio, he won't be anywhere near me.