Itachi x Reader

My tears clouded my vision as he stood there ready to capture Sasuke in his genjutsu. I ran as fast as I could and pushed Sasuke to the ground so he couldn't look in his eyes.

I kept my eyes sealed tightly and held Sasuke's face tightly tucked away in my chest so he couldn't look even if he wanted to.

"Why have you done this Itachi?!" I wailed.

Sasuke didn't make a sound and he was completely still.

Was I too late?!

I untucked him and his eyes were closed and his breathing was shallow. Had I knocked him out when I tackled him?

I quickly placed him outside the door. Before quickly returning to where Itachi was.

It didn't take a genius to know he had the Mangekeo Sharingan, which only meant one thing. He killed my brother.

"You did kill him." I said as my years began to falter. I felt like I couldn't cry anymore.

"Yes. I killed Shisui, he begged for his life while I mercilessly took his life." He told me in a calm voice.

I chuckled slightly.

"You're lying Itachi." I said

I couldn't take the chance of looking up so I couldn't see his expression.

"No I'm not, he told me how much he wanted to live, while I slowly stabbed him several times." Itachi told me. It sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

"Shisui wouldn't have begged you for anything, he was a proud shinobi and he wasn't afraid of dying. You act like I don't know my brother." I managed to get out.

I heard the floor creak. Meaning he was walking toward me. I didn't want to let him get the upper hand by cornering me.

I formed the hand signs for the fireball jutsu, but he grabbed my wrist before I could finish.

Don't look up!

I concentrated on keeping my eyes shut.

Tap.

I felt something wet the arm that he had a hold of. Followed by another, and another.

The realization of where they were coming from hit me like a bus.

My eyes involuntarily opened, and I looked up at him to see he was looking down at the floor with teardrop falling on my arm, and the floor.

"Itachi...." I whispered.

His onyx eyes looked into mine. My body moved on its own as I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sorry." He said into my shoulder.

"I know." I said soothingly caressing his back.

"I didn't kill him." He said pulling my body closer to his.

"I know, Itachi. Just tell me why you're doing this?" I asked.

"I wanted to save you and Sasuke." He sobbed.

I didn't understand what he meant.

"How is this saving us Itachi?" I questioned.

"Danzo. He was going to kill all of us. He told me if I did it I could spare you and Sasuke." He said pulling away from me and lowering himself to put his hands on my shoulders and look into my eyes.

I leaned foward and planted a small peck on his nose.

I bent over to get his katana that laid on the ground on.