Love In The Moonlight (Epilogue)

Epilogue

Four Months Later

"Alright Mrs. Baynes, you'll feel a cool gel, don't be startled." The ultrasound tech spoke to her calmly, explaining everything she was doing. "Alright, there is baby A and here's... baby B." She pointed to the screen at the picture that showed two identical skulls.

"Look, Kay, they have my large head." Connor joked as the gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, Kalee glanced over at him rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Mom and Dad, do you two want to know the sex of the babies?" The tech asked keeping her eyes glued to the screen printing multiple pictures off showing all the landscapes of the babies' bodies.

"Ummm.... Connor? Do you want to know?" Kalee wanted to but wasn't sure how Connor felt, she didn't like surprises and wanted to be properly prepared for the upcoming birth.

Connor let out a soft sigh, "Yeah. My mom will be dying to know what we are having, and I'm sure she'd never let me live it down if I didn't find out."

The tech looked over and made sure they were both in agreement, "Alright, well let's take a look at baby A. And....." She paused as she wiggled the wand over Kalee's large belly, "it appears baby A is a boy." She pointed out the shape of a penis on the screen, Connor's face lit up with excitement, Kalee knew he wanted a boy badly to follow in his foot step as he had his father. "Now for baby B....and it looks like it is a GIRL!" Connor gasped, a girl, it would be a set of twins like him and sister. He wished so badly she could be here to enjoy this occasion, but sadly that wasn't possible.

"A girl!!" Kalee's voice rang out with excitement, "Oh Ali is going to be so excited to be getting a baby brother and baby sister." Kalee imagined Ali and the baby when they were older playing dolls and having tea parties, not to mention driving their brother insane with all the girly stuff.

"I love you." Connor just looked at Kalee seriously, she could sense he was hurting, he wanted to share this excitement with his sister but he couldn't, she knew that their twins would have the same bond that he and his sister did, Kalee raised her hand to his cheek and stroked it with her thumb.

"I love you too. So what do you think, we name the girl after Ashling?"

"What? Really?" Connor was gobsmacked, he wasn't expecting that from his new bride.

"Yes, I really like that name, and it holds a lot of meaning for this family, she may be gone but she definately isn't forgotten."

________________________________________________________________________

Kalee and Connor arrived at his parents' house to pick up Ali, and to give them the good news, everyone was already outside enjoying the nice weather. The walked up the stairs to the large porch where everyone else was congregated.

"Hey!" Connor was the first to break the ice, since leaving the doctor's office he had a smile permanatly pasted on his face.

"Hey you guys. How did it go at the doctor's visit?" Elizabeth asked as she swung on the bench swing with a giggling Ali.

Connor looked over at Kalee grabbing her hand tightly, "Well we have some good news."

"And?" Elizabeth's eyes widened in anticipation.

"Well the twins are growing great and everything looks fine with them." Connor paused again to draw out the dramatic effect, causing Kalee to roll her eyes.

"Connor! What else?" Elizabeth scolded him, while Ian sat chuckling behind him.

"Okay okay, Mom, chill out. Well we are having.... a boy and a girl!" Connor smiled brightly and Kalee began to giggle at how childish he was acting.

Elizabeth jumped from the swing, clapping and bouncing up and down with excitement. "Oh I have so much shopping to do now."

Ian chimed in, "Oh slow yourself down woman, no need to put us in debt over baby clothes that they will grow out of faster than we can blink." Kalee laughed, she never expected to be accepted into this family so quickly, Ian and Elizabeth had taken over the role of her parents after the kidnapping, she felt that they filled that void where her parents were missing. She knew she had finally found her place in life where her and Ali fit perfectly.

Kalee walked over to Ali, who was still sitting on the bench swing watching all cheering,"Ali, your going to have a baby brother and a baby sister. What do you think about that?"

"I play with brother and sister?" She tilted her head and gave a toothy grin.

"When they get big you can play with them all you want baby, but they come out really small, like you baby dolls. But you can help Mommy and Daddy, since you are going to be a BIG SISTER." Ali's face lit up at the sound of big sister, she seemed to understand the gravity that it entailed to be the eldest sibling. Kalee didn't have a doubt in her mind that Ali would be a very loving, caring and protective older sister, and she couldn't wait to see what the future held for her family. But as Connor constantly reminded her, only time will tell.

___________________________________________________________________________

Well I don't want to put, THE END, because I don't know if that is the end for this family or story. I am going to work on my new story now, and possibly when that one is finished I will do a sequel, but to quote Connor, "Only time will tell". I do hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it. And please look for my new story that I already posted the Prologue to "Country Fried Yank", it's a bit different from what everyone is used to up here, I'm different and love being that way, so check it out! Please please please... VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! Go back and vote on those chapters you missed it won't take but a second I promise!!!! Don't forget to comment too!!!!!! I want to thank all the fans who have posted such nice comments, you guys are all so wonderful!!! I couldn't ask for better! Stay tuned for new stories!

Thanks AGAIN!!!

Stacy

PS I didn't have a lot of time to edit, sorry!