Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 23)

23.

I just want to thank a couple fans before I get started into the next chapter, Morgant, Chickieroy, dshrum1, these awesome fans have commented almost every chapter, and those some have been a one word comment that was fine with me! LOL Watching the number of votes, reads, and comments rise makes me so happy... so thank you to all who are reading my story and enjoying!

<3 Stacy

_____________________________________________________________________________

"I'm sorry, sir, I couldn't get any closer."

"WHAT? And why the hell not?"

"There were guards, I didn't want to get caught."

"I am not paying you to be a run away like a scared child, I want it done and I want it done NOW!?!"

"But.."

"NO BUT's! Bring the woman to me and the child too, I'll take care of it myself."

"Yes, sir."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Kalee woke up hearing Ali's playful giggle from another room, swinging her legs off the bed she moved to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She decided to remain in her pajamas as she walked into the living room, Ali was perched on the couch between Connor and Blain, they were watching Spongebob Squarepants.

"Good Morning." Kalee crossed her arms across her chest trying to hold in a laugh, the guys seemed just as interested in the cartoon as Ali was.

"Oh, good morning, sweetheart." Connor moved to her and kissed her lightly. "You sleep okay?"

"As well as to be expected."

Connor pulled her into a hug, "It's okay." He knew she was worried for Ali well being, but Connor wouldn't let any harm come to that child, not unless that person had a death wish.

"I have to go to work tonight. Do you think it's safe to take Ali to Madison?" Kalee glanced over at Connor and Blain as she poured herself a mug of coffee.

Connor turned to look at her from the couch, "She can stay with me, we'll watch some cartoons and order a pizza. It'll be fun."

"Are you sure?" Kalee gave him a confused look.

"Kalee, she is going to be my daughter, I want to spend time with her, and I will keep her safe." Connor gave her a smile.

Just then Ali popped her little head over the back of the couch, "Mommy. Onnor daddy" She spoke very confidently and pointed to herself.

Connor pulled her into a hug and spoke softly to her, "That's right Ali, I'm daddy."

_______________________________________________________________________

As soon as Ian awoke that morning he pulled his cell phone out dialing up his guards. "Timothy, anything happen last night?"

"No sir."

"Did Cameron find anything in the woods on his rounds?"

"He found a trail and followed it through the woods, it was fresh. But he tracked it back to a empty parking lot, so we can assume that they came close enough to notice we were here and turned around before we could find them or track them."

"Did the parking lot have cameras anywhere?"

"No sir, we both looked, but couldn't find one."

"Thank, Timothy, and tell Cameron I said thank you as well. Your replacements should be on the way, I expect you back that the apartment this evening at 5 pm." Ian's voice boomed through the phone.