Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 5)

By: Stacy Leonhardt Gravely

© All Rights Reserved - 2010

5.

Kalee kept looking at clock on the wall above the server's station. It seemed like time had slowed to crawl since Connor left the bar and now she couldn't wait until after her shift when she would see him again. Shortly after he left the bar Kalee ran to the bathroom to call Madison to make sure she was up to keeping Ali all night. When Madison asked why she grew quiet and quickly guessed it was over a guy. She agreed to keep her daughter over night, Kalee assured her that she would tip her extra in the morning.

"So where you two love birds going to go?" Simone snuck up behind her and whispered to her. Her voice snapped Kalee back to reality, the reality that she still had 20 minutes to go before she could be out of there.

"I guess to get some coffee. Though I really don't like coffee." She smirked at her remark, since she was the one who suggested it.

"Then why in the hell did you suggest it?" Kalee's friend gave her a confused look over her shoulder and she finished making some drinks and placing some orders.

Kalee shrugged before she replied, "I don't know, it was the first thing that came to my mind. You think I should run home and change clothes?" She looked down at her work uniform not feeling as sexy as she wanted to be.

"Not for coffee. It'll appear like you're trying too hard and we don't want that!" Simone advised as a playful grin played on her lips.

"But I am trying hard." Kalee reminded her as she sighed again for the millionth time that night.

"Yeah, Kay, but he isn't supposed to know that!" Simone rolled her eyes and rushed off to deliver drinks and food. Kalee checked back at the clock, five minutes.

__________________________________________________________________________________

After Connor left the bar he sat in his car for a few minutes replaying what just happened over and over in his head. His phone ringing startled him back to reality, he looked at the caller id. it was Blain. "Hey Bro, what's up?"

"So how'd it go?"

"Well I'm waiting to hear from her if she could get her brother to watch her daughter over night."

"Over night!?" Blain chuckled. "Damn Connor, you dog!"

"Not like that, dumb ass." Rolling his eyes, he wished he could reach threw the phone and swat the back of his friend's head.

"Then what?" As Connor's friend tried to start talking again but a beep cut him off.

"Hold on, Blain, someone is beeping in," Connor pulled the phone from his ear to look at the caller id again, "it's her, Kalee! I'll call you back." With that Connor quickly hung up on his friend and flipped to the other line. "Hello?"

"Umm, Connor?" Her voice was so velvety to him.

"Yes, is this Kalee?" He was smiling to himself, already knowing it was her.

"Yeah, its me. I just wanted to let you know that I got a sitter if you were still interested in going out this evening." Kalee's voice sounded as if she was waiting for him to turn her down. Connor wondered how many times she had her heart broken, and he knew he would never do that to her. He couldn't imagine inflicting any pain on her.

"Oh yeah I still want to see you tonight. Remember I was one that asked you first." He chuckled. "So when do you get off work?"

"At 10. That's not too late for you, is it?"