Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 18)

18.

Connor lead the way through the large house to the formal dining room, it was beautiful with classic white walls, an antique china cabinet that was missing the fine china, which was placed out on the long dark wood table.

"Mr. Baynes, you have a lovely home."

Ian nodded politely, "Thank you."

Connor spotted a high chair that was brought out, he assumed it was the one his mother kept put away for when company comes, since there were always many new little ones in the pack, he settled Ali down in the high chair. Her big blue eyes seemed scared at the presence of Ian and Lauren, he assumed that harsh words Kalee had with Lauren was the cause for Ali's uneasiness. Connor sat down beside Ali and Kalee sat on the other side of him, he wanted to surround himself with "his" girls. Lauren sat directly in front of him, shooting him seductive looks leaning over playfully to show her cleavage, he looked over at Kalee and gave her a reassuring smile, suddenly he felt Kalee's hand gripping his knee.

"Connor!" A sandy blonde woman walked in, she had Connor's green eyes and they shared the same cute nose.

"Mom!" Connor stood as his mother moved to hug him.

"Oh you must be Kalee, and this little angel must be Ali, I'm Elizabeth," she bent down and smiled at Ali, " Hi, Ali. You are such a pretty little girl, you look just like your mommy." Ali smiled brightly.

"Connor, you really must come over more often, I haven't seen you in a few weeks. I heard you were here the other day on the full moon, but I am sorry I missed you." She pulled him in for another tight hug then she whispered, "Sorry about Lauren being here, you know how your father is, never reasoned with."

He pulled away from the hug and rolled his eyes, "I know, mother."

"Well let me bring out the first course, I hope you don't mind Kalee, I made Ali some Macaroni and cheese, I figured she wouldn't care for what we are having."

Kalee smiled sweetly, "That's perfectly fine, thank you, Mrs. Baynes."

"Oh dear, call me mom."

With that Lauren's just about popped out, she looked sharply at Elizabeth then threw her glares over at Kalee, Kalee's smile grew, "Thank you, Mom." Connor held Kalee's hand that was on the table, causing Lauren to squirm more and more in her seat.

Just then Ian walked back in the room taking his seat at the head of the table. He skipped the polite chit chat and got down to brass tax, " So Kalee, are you aware that until my son has claimed you he still has an arranged marriage with Lauren here."

Connor stiffened in his seat and Kalee could see who he was voting for, "Yes sir, I'm aware. Connor and I were discussing that earlier actually, he wanted to do it before we arrived, but I decided that it wouldn't be polite to come here late. He isn't quick at anything in that field, so rather than hold up dinner, I promised all would be taken care of later this evening. If you'd like I'd come by in the morning and show you and her." Kalee nodded her head in the barbie's direction.

Connor nearly choked on his water as Kalee politely talked his father. "So father? Would you like for us to come by in the morning?"

"We will discuss that later son, not at the dinner table." Ian diverted his eyes to see his wife walking carrying a small plastic bowl for Ali, and two small salad plates in the other hand, she made one more trip to the kitchen to bring out the last of the salad plates.

"Eat up everyone." Elizabeth shot a smile at Kalee and Connor and sat to enjoy her own food.

________________________________________________________________________________