31. The Things-That-Make-You-Smile Cliché

in which, the things that make you smile are found

Plot Twist: *as well as things that make you bothered, disturbed and frustrated

"Bang-bang! Double-Oh-Seven!" Percy and Isis exclaimed, complete with the shooting effect. Isis grinned "The rules are simple. Percy and I know the rules, but you guys have to figure it out. Lucky for those who already know it, sorry for those who don't. It's a consequence-sequence game where we have to complete a series of actions, and whoever does it wrong gets slapped like... bongo drums. We have to remain silent the whole time. Anyone who makes a noise gets slapped too. Percy, start!"

Percy nodded, smiled devilishly and moved his arms, shaping a box-like figure with his hands. And then he pointed to a guileless Helen who looked up in shock. Percy held up three fingers, counting down to one.

Helen just looked around in panic, wondering what the fuck was happening.

Percy's finger reached one and he closed his fist to indicate time's over. Percy and Isis moved towards Helen with menacing grins and started to repeatedly slap her all over body, patting her arms and her back and her head. The others moved in as well to join the slapping fest.

Everyone practically had question marks inside their head, and since we weren't allowed to talk or else we'd get suffer slap-fest too, the question marks just got bigger.

We were boarded in the private jet, and while the adults convened in the bar somewhere in the inner cabin, us, the kids and teens and pre-teens, gathered in another cabin to play by ourselves. Fortunately, Percy didn't have to play adult today, so he was allowed to join us.

And what did the idiot do in this rare time of his non-adult-ness? He decided to play a stupid, painful game.

Helen's teary-eyed, but she finally flipped her two-sides-of-a-coin personality and became Hel. She practically glared at everyone as she raised her arms and did the box-like gesture like what Percy did, and then, carefully looking at everyone in that cabin, she pointed at Beatrice.

You might be wondering who the fuck Beatrice is. I'll explain.

When I mentioned that this little event of Troy consisted of close friends and family, I did say that his tight circle of friends was also included. In that tight circle of friends are these people: Beatrice, hotel heiress with a skin as white as milk and eyes so devilish you'd run to a nearby priest and ask for forgiveness for staring at her. She was so pretty that she'll catch your attention even if she was only fourteen. There was also Paris-James, apparently the smartest kid in their school, and if I had a penny for every time he stared at Helen, I could afford the Danes' private jet. There was Merge, cute little chubby teen who always made everyone laugh, and then her partner-in-crime Henry, who added to the humour with his infectious laugh. And then, Doc, the son of a surgeon, who amused me every time with his creative use of expletives (one of my favourites: "Troy, you enormous wasp-fucker, you!" He said this when Troy led us to the private jet and I had to stop and think of what wasp-fucker looked like). Finally, Tak, the son of a Korean politician and an American congresswoman, who was quiet and reserved and fascinated Meg with his incomprehensible Korean side-comments. Apparently, Meg learned how to speak in Korean because of her love for Korean Dramas, and they conversed in angry tones. They sounded angry, really. I wonder if they're angry, though.

Back to the game, Beatrice blinked, and when Helen started to count down to one, out of impulse she pointed to another person, who turned out to be Doc.