29. The Perspective Cliché

in which you see him from another perspective

Plot Twist: *and you feel other bothersome things

There were only three things in life that could wake me up in the middle of a night. One: a horrible nightmare; two: my stomach grumbling; and three: my bladder. In the two months of my stay in California, a fourth life-thing was adding to the short list.

Four: Percy's unparalleled nagging. There was simply nothing like a dangerously intoxicated boy either knocking on your window like some sort of mythological monster, or making noises with the nearby branch that extended to my window. He found a new way to nag, which almost surpassed everything else he had ever done.

Without my knowledge, Percy fiddled with my phone and set his caller ring tone to be obnoxiously loud and ridiculously outlandish. It was set like that, so that when he called, it was with great impact, and great annoyance. I cannot undo it, because I do not fucking know how. I even tried Youtube tutorials. I was desperate, but nothing. Nada.

There were only three things in life that could wake me up in the middle of a night. But there was only one thing in life that could distress me this greatly in the middle of a night. It was this.

I want nobody, nobody but you! *clap-clap-pause-clap* I want nobody, nobody but you *clap-clap-pause-clap* *Insert snazzy, incomprehensible Korean lyrics being sung by an equally snazzy, incomprehensible Korean singer* I want nobody, no-bo-deh! Nobody, no-bo—

I swiped the phone angrily, ending the unbearable ringtone and answered the caller "I suggest you pack your things and flee to Colorado for three days again before I find you."

Percy's words were slurred and ridiculous on the other line "My dear Andromeda! I am glad to hear that you are pleased to answer my call!"

My blood simmered, my voice groggy and my eyes heavy "Your definition of pleased is different from mine."

"Ah!" He cried "Sarcastic as always, my beautiful queen!"

"Oh, fuck off."

"Your eloquence is astounding!"

"I will castrate you."

"Gentle and soft, like the others say!"

"I will gently and softly smother you with a pillow made of thorns."

"And merciful too! I could not have picked a better queen to serve!"

With a tired and resigned voice, I said "I'm hanging up."

"Hear me out, my glorious ruler!" I wanted to pound my head into a wall. "Andromeda, Andromeda, my dear, lovely, incomparable Andromeda!"

What is this? "Did you and your father fight again? Is this why you're drunk? Where are you?" Annoyance mixed with worry mixed with greater irritation started to bite at my sides, and I sat straight up, looking out the window for any trace of a drunken Percy. Reckless and intoxicated Percy is a far more dangerous Percy than any other Percy.

Percy just giggled "Are you worried about me, immaculate one?"

"Percy." I gritted my teeth, flinging open my window. Wind swept inside the room, but still no sign of a drunken eighteen-year-old. "We'll need to talk about your drinking habits one of these days. You can't just drink every time you and your father fight." I checked up and down, left and right. No Percy.