CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 16

ALEXIS POV

I rushed over to him. Well we can always replace the mug but I was hoping he wouldn't be hurt.

"Are you okay?!" when I looked down at the mug I tried not to show my disappointment.

The cup that was in pieces was my favourite. It was the a souvenir I bought in the flea markets of Mullingara the day before we left to travel. Mum and Dad had allowed me to get it because they said this way I would never forget Mullingara. I still remember how I watched the lady shape and mould my cup....but the part I remember most clearly was being able to paint and decorate it.

I had many things that I really treasured but this was one that was closest to my heart.

I bit my lip and tried to hold the tears back. I couldn't replace this mug an I couldn't get mad at him anyways it was just an accident....

"Did you hurt yourself? You alright?" my voice wavered but I wouldn't let myself cry over a silly cup.

After I collected the dust pan I came back to find him gone. I just sweeped up the broken pieces and threw them away.

Lucy walked into the room and our eyes met.

"Hey." she came over and gave me a hug. "U alright?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry Alexis... I didn't mean to it was an accident." I pulled away and looked at her.

"It's ok." I gave out a loud sigh. There was no point in being angry, it was just an accident. But it still hurt to lose it.

"So where you gonna go today?" we made our way to the cupboard.

"Well I'm not sure really."

"You're not staying at home, it's like a perfect day!!"

I laughed. What was going to happen today? I looked out the window.

"Well I'm going out with my friends and do some fun things." she winked at me. I wasn't surprised if she came back at 3 in the morning.

"Mum and Dad said they'll be coming home late tonight from friends and they told us to make sure we have out stuff packed."

As she closed the door I walked out to the veranda to be greeted by a rush of fresh air. I let my thoughts run loose.

I wanted to make this day one to remember. I really liked him. I replayed the things that had happened over the pass days. I wondered if today would be the day he kissed me...

NIALLS POV

I saw her face fell. Lucy did mention this was her favourite mug. She asked me if I was alright and I nodded. She got up to go get a dust pan and that's when I went to find Lucy.

I found her in the bathroom with her hands on her head. She looked stressed out.

"Hey um you mentioned before that the cup was her favourite?"

She told her the story and at the end she added, "And so I'm not sure how to tell her because... Well I know it sounds silly but I know that cup really meant a lot to her."

She ran her hand through her hair and took a deep breath.

She sucked in some air and slid past me and walked out to the kitchen.

I texted my brother to say I was spending the day with a friend.

I knew Lucy was going to talk to her so I just awkwardly waited and played snake on my phone for a while. Maybe today I could go walk around the shops and maybe replace that cup with something from me.

I looked out the window to find the sun shining brightly, blue sky and a few clouds. The day seemed perfect. Was this the day I was going to kiss her?