Chapter One

I lept in the blue ocean, I let the cool, clear water splash on my face. It felt so refreshing. I have always loved water. I took swimming lessons when I was three years old and have been swimming everytime I had the chance to. Swimming, School, Music, thats pretty much my whole life. I love it here in Hawaii, the bright sun shining on our island, the tall palm trees swaying with the wind, and the sprinkle of the rain on a warm day. Lucy, my best friend. She's always there for me, and I could count on her for anything.

I liked swimming in the ocean, it gave me time to think and just be alone with the water. I was on the swim team we were really fast probably because our whole team had grown up near the water. I play the piano and the guitar.

"I'm coming down Sammy!" Lucy yelled from inside. Oh, I forgot one thing my name is Samantha but my friends call me Sammy.

"Okay, Lucy!"

I jumped out of the water and laid my towel on the hot sand. "Lucy over here!"

"Okay!" Lucy ran over and laid her towel down next to mine. We just laid down and relaxed in the sun, I listened to music while Lucy read a book.

After we were done we each got an ice cream and we started to walk around the beach. "Oh!!!! Let's go to the coconut stand!" Lucy yelled out. Lucy loves coconuts and tried to get one whenever she could.

"We just got ice cream!" I said laughing. If course, Lucy did not care what she was already eating. If there was a coconut she wanted it.

"Whatevs" she said shrugging her shoulders and walked up to the coconut stand. "One coconut please" After she handed the money over she was handed her coconut.

"Okay let's go to another place" I dragged her from the stand before she could get another coconut for 'later'.

We started doing our usual Saturday shopping. After we were finished making our way around we went to the food court.

"What do you want?" Lucy asked.

"What about Hawaiian?" I was sort of in the mood for rice and chicken.

"Nah, had that for dinner yesterday, how about Indian?" Lucy liked Indian food, she loved spicy foods.

"Sure, I sort of feel like Chicken curry" The Indian food place makes the best chicken curry ever.

"Okay, I feel like the Indian rice" She said, and we walked over and ordered our food. When we got our food and sat at an empty table, we started talking.

"Ready for our last year in highschool?" asked Lucy.

"I don't know, but that's not for a long time. Let's enjoy our month left of summer in our peaceful Hawaii" I replied.

"Okay, do you want to come to my house for a party at the swimming pool?" Lucy was the party type, she wanted to have a party every week but money doesn't grow on trees.

"Sure, whose going?"

"I don't know, friends" it was getting late, we finished our food and cleaned up the table.

"Byeee! See you tomorrow!" I said as I started walking home.

"See you tomorrow!" Lucy said waving.

When I got home I asked my mom if I could go to the party.

"Sure, just practice your instruments in the morning" she said,

"Thanks mom!" I said and kissed her on the cheek.

I went upstairs to my room and got ready for bed.

~

The next day I practiced piano and guitar. And soon I was ready to go to the party.