Chapter 12-Chloe

Chapter 12

After looking for anything that would hopefully tell us where Ally was, we found nothing at all. I went back to sit in the car after we got done, while everyone else talked about places and possibilities. All I want right now, is some sleep and my sister back. I can hear them talking about everything out there, and I just want to cry knowing Ally isn’t safe. I put my head down into my arms because I’m so tired.

“Chloe, we’ll find her, I promise.” I hear someone say from beside me. I look up to find that Ian has come and sat next to me. I lean my head on his shoulder and mumble a response, because I know if I open my mouth, I’m going to start crying. A few tears actually do escape my eyes knowing that I’ve lost my mother and now my long-lost sister. The past few days have been the hardest of my life and I just wanted them all over now. 

“What are we going to do?” I whisper  because that’s all I can manage at this point.

“We think there is a way to find her, but we aren’t completely sure that it will work yet. We’ve never really had to do this before.” Ian explains. 

“How?” I ask, feeling a little bit better that there might be an easier way to find my sister. 

As Ian explains the complicated process of tracking Ally, I start to drift off in my seat. It was a long, boring, informative process that I really had no interest in due to my lack of sleep. Soon enough, I’m fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After what felt like five minutes, I’m jolted awake by the feeling that I was falling off a never ending cliff. My eyes open in shock and I look around and make sure I was still living in reality, not my dream. I relax when I realize that I’m not falling to my death and slump against my seat. I look out the window I’m closest too and see a small town in the scenery. 

As I yawn groggily, I ask where we are.

“This is the town we tracked Ally to, the thing is that tracking her is complicated enough that we couldn’t get an exact spot to where she is.” replies Cheren who’s driving. I brighten up as I find that we were closer to finding Ally. 

“So what exactly are we looking for?” I ask.

“Um...we aren’t exactly sure of that.” Ian says. This dampens my mood a bit, but not by much.

“Well there isn’t going to be some giant blinking sign pointing out her location or something saying ‘Caspian lives here!!’” I reply sarcastically. Ian looks at me slightly amused and Cheren looks at me with the polar opposite of amusement. I grin smugly at him and he turns his attention back to the road. I look behind me to see Danni sleeping, along with the new girl, Sophie. Camdyn was sitting in the front passenger seat snoring away. All of a sudden I start getting a headache, small at first, but gradually starts getting bigger.

“Hey guys, do we have any like medicine for headaches or something?” I say cringing in pain as it gets bigger.

“No, why?” Ian asks me.

“I have a headache, stupid.” I reply with a glare.

“Heh...that would make sense.” He says casually. I decide to elbow him in the side.

“Ow!” He says, indicating I had elbowed him hard. I grin at him to show my pleasure and he just turns his head away.

“It was your own fault,” I say to him. All of a sudden my headache reached a pounding point, where I feel like my head is about to explode. I start to feel like I have to hurl, and look up luckily we were at a street lined with trees.