Chapter Eight-Chloe

I walk to the back door of Ally’s house, meaning to get to mine by walking out the gate, but instead I find Cheren standing there. He looks like he’s angry, or sincerely depressed about something.

“Hey, what’s up?” I ask, walking up next to him. He doesn’t even look up, which makes me know that he is in a bad mood about something. I look down at his hands and I see that he’s holding the towels meant for the other two who are sitting outside.

“Nothing much.” He mummers. He holds out the towels for me to take. “Here can you take these out to them? I’m not really feeling well.” I look down at him, obviously not accepting to do his chore.

“I’m not going-.”

“You’re heading out that way anyway! Just take them!” He throws them at me, and runs out the front door. I watch him feeling a bit sorry, even though I have no idea what his problem is. I look down at the towels boiling with anger. I hate it when people did this to me.

I storm out the door, startling Ally and Belial. He has his arm around her and she’s crying hysterically, but when she hears me she tried to wipe her tears away as quickly as possible. Maybe that’s why Cheren had been so upset. He was jealous, but any guy would do that. Would comfort her. I don’t see the big deal in it.

I toss the towels at them just like Cheren had done to me. I haven’t noticed that I’ve been mumbling to myself this whole time, but Ally seemed to notice.

“You didn’t have to bring us the towels if it was going to cause you this much trouble.” Ally mumbles.

“I wasn’t going to. Cheren got the towels and was standing at the door, when I happened to walk past he threw them at me and told me to bring them out. I seriously don’t get that kid.” I cross my arms. I just don’t get this. “Anyway, as soon as you’re dry, you need to go pack to leave. I assume you have nothing to pack since you came to us with nothing.” Belial nods. “Well I guess they’ll buy you some new clothes once we get there. Just hurry up, we’re leaving tomorrow morning.”    

“Yeah OK.” She says rubbing her head with the towel acting like nothing is wrong Like she wasn’t even crying. I shake my head at her and I grab her hand, and I lead her to the other end of the yard, far enough that Belial can’t listen in. 

“I know this may be totally random to you, but you need to be more considerate of other people’s feelings. Even if you don’t realize them.” She puffs her cheeks at me, which makes her seem so childish. I guess that’s who she is though. She’s the childish, cute, innocent sister. I was the more mature, beautiful, and not so innocent one. 

“You’re one to talk. And how can I even be considerate of them when I can’t even notice them?” I rub the back of my head thinking. I honestly had no idea myself. “It doesn’t matter. I understand what you’re trying to say. Thanks.” She smiles at me and runs off and into the house. I have to think, does she really know what I meant?

I reach the front of my house, and climb the steps. When I reach the top, I reach out and grasp nothing but air. That’s when I look up and remember there’s no door. I sigh, and make my way through all the rubble. I wonder what my mom will think when she sees all of this. That’s when it hits me.

Where is she anyways? She should’ve gotten off work a few hours ago. Maybe she went out with some friends…if she even has any. I laugh at the thought, and head up the stairs to my room.

I grab the largest suitcase from underneath my bed, and start shoving all my clothes and everything into it. I end up having so much more things than I thought I’d have, and I pull out another. I finally get all that I want packed, and zip up the third suitcase. I look down at them, and sigh. How the heck am I going to get these over there? I think to myself. I look around at my almost bare room, taking in all the memories that I can. I can’t believe this is going to be the last time I saw this place. I just wish my mom was here, so I could say bye to her.