Chapter 7-Allyson

As everyone bursts through the hole in the wall, I sit on the frigid tile floor, while Chloe runs to greet them. My hand rises to gently touch my throat where I have been choked a second time, dropping Chloe’s phone on the ground. America isn’t as great as I thought it was.

I watch everyone as Chloe explains what happened to us. I sit away from them and listen in cover in the freakish black goo. Everyone is staring intently at her keeping close so they don’t miss a single detail. Once Chloe reaches the end of her story, I hear an unfamiliar voice.

“Well it seems like you two have faced a great deal over the past few days.” A tall man pushes through everyone else. He seems to be around his late twenties, early thirties. His hair is the same shade of mine, maybe a bit darker, and it seems like he just rolled out of bed. His eyes are a pale brown, barely the color of mine. “I am sorry I couldn’t help dear sisters, I have been fairly busy.” He looks from Chloe to me.

“Sisters?” Chloe mummers as he pushes past her. He walks over to me, and everyone stares as if they just realized I’m here. He bends down and presses two fingers against my forehead. I wince, not even knowing I was in pain there.

“You seem to be bleeding.” He pulls away his fingers and they’re covered in blood. In a panic, I place my hand there and when I pull it away it’s the same crimson color as his fingers.

“I guess it happened when that thing threw the cow at me.” I look up at him, and he is laughing at me comment. He does seem oddly familiar though. I know I have never met him before so why? Cheren rushes over and places a hand on my shoulder.

“Are you OK?” His touch frightens me, and I end up backing away. I stare at him with large eyes full of fear, like he’s a complete stranger or one of the demons, and I honestly didn’t know if he was or not. He looks truly hurt too by my reaction.

“Don’t worry, I think she’s just shaken up.” The man grabs my hand, which I almost pull away again, but this time I don’t. I wince because my hand is covered in splinters. As if the needles and glass weren’t enough last night. 

“She’s even trembling. I think we just need to let her rest for a bit, Chloe too.” The man says as he stands, and pulls me to my feet as well. “If you don’t mind Ian, can you please lead Chloe to her room? Help her get situated after she cleans up?”

“Of course.” He replies quickly. He turns to Chloe and grasps her hand to lead her up stairs. The man then turns to me.

“And as for you-.” Cheren cuts him off, swiftly standing, as straight as a pin.

“I’d gladly take her.” The man eyes him up, and simply shakes his head.

“I will take her.” He starts walking and tugs on my hand causing it to throb. I stumble to walk behind him. As we reach the door, I look back and wave goodbye to everyone. I don’t know why, it’s not like I won’t see them again. I look up at them man who is dragging me to my house.

“Are you Lucifer?” He simply chuckles, and looks at me from the corner of his eye.

“Who else would I be my dear sister?”

After I take my shower I walk into my room, and I lay on my bed. At first I didn’t realize Lucifer was sitting in the chair across the room. As soon as I lie down, I start to close my eyes from exhaustion, and he starts humming a song that seems oddly familiar. I wonder if he’s trying to help me fall asleep, or just occupying himself. It does help though, and soon enough I’m soundly sleeping.

When I wake up, I’m still in my bed. I sit up rubbing my eyes, and on the pillow there’s a small blood stain and it’s soaked from my hair. I touch my forehead, and there’s now a bandage wrapped around my head covering the wound. I look over to the chair where Lucifer last was, but he isn’t there anymore. I’m alone again, or so I thought.