Chapter 11-Allyson

Belial and I stare at each other, not either of us say a single thing. He pulls on the sweatshirt I has tossed over to him, and puts his cloak on back over it.

“I knew you’d hate me.” He stands up kicking dirt into the fire, and start to walk off into the maze of trees. “Come on.” He demands in a threatening voice. I stand up and follow behind him. I’m actually surprised he isn’t keeping a better eye on me, I could just easily slip away and he wouldn’t know. I could even create a wind to cover up the crunching of the leaves.

The reason I don’t? I want to know why he’s doing this. I know he said Caspian has his family, but I highly believe that it’s a lie. Demons normally care less about their families, so keeping his family captive would be useless. Then again he did show feeling. Like when he was crying and apologizing earlier for what he was doing.

“Why are you doing this?” I ask loud enough for him to hear. At first I don’t think he heard me, so I’m about to repeat myself, but then he speaks up.

“He doesn’t actually have my family, I don’t even have a family. The reason I’m doing this is my own business though, I don’t have to tell you.” He still sounds angered in a way. I sped up so I fall in step next to him.

“You don’t have to be so angry, I don’t hate you BJ. I just want to know so I can help you, and maybe you wouldn’t have to do this.” He stops in his tracks and I take a few steps ahead of him not realizing he had stopped. I face him, but he’s just staring at the ground.

“I’m not angry at you Ally. I hate myself for doing this to you, and you don’t even care. All you ever worry about is helping everyone else. You never even care what happens to you.” I think about it for a minute, and I guess it’s true. I never did care about what happened to me, I just wanted to make sure everyone else was safe and happy. It’s just how I was.

“That’s not for you to worry about-”

“Yes it is!” He shouts as he suddenly looks up at me. “I’m worrying because I want to. I care about you Ally as a friend, and I don’t want to see you get hurt. I have no other choice but to do this.”

“I just wish you could tell me why so I can help.”

“I don’t want you to help! I want you to worry about you! At least try to escape or get away, try to save your own life! No one knows what the hell Caspian will do to you!” I’m surprised by his raised voice and honestly a bit scared. He grabs my shoulders and shakes me as he continues, “You have friends and family to care about you! I don’t have anyone! You have a reason to live to fight! So do it!” He just stares at me with his crazy eyes. I can’t even find words to say, I’m too traumatized to even think. He realizes this and backs away.

He sits against a tree and just hides his face in his knees. I want to comfort him, but I’m afraid he’ll just start going off on me again. I walk over and sit next to him, but still a distance away. I just have to give him time to calm down, maybe then he will try to explain things.

I wait a while, thinking about what the others are doing. I hope they were looking for me, but then again I hope they aren’t. I want alone time with Belial, to try and get to know him better. I don’t want them running into any trouble either., I’m honestly not worth it. They have Chloe and she should be enough for whatever we were meant to do. She was always stronger than me too, fierce too.

I wake up, and I notice I’m leaning on Belial’s shoulder. I hadn’t even noticed that I fell asleep. I must’ve just been worn out from not sleeping in the care and after the long battle. I’m about to sit up and see if Belial is awake, but before I do I hear him talking.