Just There

Chapter 37

Bridget's POV

Today was the day I go in and get a checkup with the doctor, they called Taylor yesterday morning saying it could be possible I get my cast off. And that would be amazing because I could for sure tryout for basketball. We were sitting in the office; it was just Tay and me. The boys were at home packing because they leave tomorrow to go and record for about two weeks and then they'll try to visit us again. "Bridget Swift,"

"Here," Taylor and I both got up and walked to the back with the nurse, "We need to get you weight and height, so why don't you step up on the scale..."

I wasn't that nervous to see my weight, I knew I was skinny, I never hated my body, but I haven't been eating much so I might be underweight... "okay, 5'5 and 115 lbs."

The nurse took us into the next room where we wait again. "the doctor will be right in miss Swift," I nodded and she left.

"Bridg you've lost 5 pound since the accident... how is that even possible?" I see worry in Taylor's eyes, knowing it's not healthy for me to be this light.

The doctor knocked on the door and walked in "ah Bridget, how are you doing today my dear?"

"Great doc! Thanks," he laughed and continued on reading his papers.

"You seem to be losing more weight huh?" he chuckled, "You are somewhat underweight, but not a problem, Taylors just going to have to make more cookies for you" He looked over at Taylor and she gave a fake laughed "Well lets go take some x-rays, and see how the bone is doing. When we put the cast on, I had a feeling that you'd be a quick healer,"

I hated the x-Ray machine, there was nothing too special about it but I had to sit still for over a half hour until the screening was done.

Once that was done, he sent me back to sit in the room with Taylor until he came back from looking at the scans.

"We're going to buy more bread and food when we get out of here, if you're going to working out with basketball and the play, you'll have to have a healthy diet. Kay?" she wasn't mad, or worried, she was just being a mom, trying to get me on healthy diets now that were home for a while.

I respected it, so I just nodded and the doctor walked right in, "oh yeah swift, your bone is completely healed, looks like it has been for a week now. Have you had any pains lately?"

I shook my head no, "I've been of my pain meds for about two weeks and I still haven't had any pain,"

"Perfect, you come with me, Momma Swift you just hang out, we'll have this off within 15 minutes," my doctor was a really cool guy, he was younger so I could connect to him easier.

He is Taylor's doctor too but she hardly goes; she's never sick. They took my cast off and my arm felt so free, my arm smelt really bad too so the cleaned it off for me.

We walked back into the room and Taylors face lit up "Yay! Here comes basketball!" We laughed and walked out

"Thanks doctor!" Taylor thanks him again for his help and looking after me during this time of recovery.

"Eat more food Bridget!" We chuckled at his comment and headed to our car. We were on our way to Wendy's so Taylor could get me fat, when Harry called. Our car now has the built in Bluetooth so Taylor doesn't look down at her phone anymore. Worst part? I could hear their conversations.

"Hey babe, how was the doctor?" His voice is further away from the phone.

"It was good, Bridg got her cast off, now were getting Wendy's because she's underweight,"
I heard him laugh on the other side of the phone, then some talking.