Birthday

Chapter 18

Taylors POV

I stretched out feeling around for Harry; but he wasn't there. I got up thinking he was already in the kitchen.

On my way over I looked into Bridget's room; she wasn't there either. What the hell!? I went into the kitchen and they weren't there. Panic struck over me; "Bridget? Harry? Where'd you guys go?"

No one responded; I ran all around the house; still, no one. I went back into my room to see a note on the floor

Good morning beautiful,

I took Bridg to get some bagels and Starbucks because you have nothing in your fridge.

See you soon love.

I feel calm after reading the note, but slightly sad that I had not been woken for this. But, her birthday is coming up and I bet Harry wanted to spend sometime with her.

So I went to the living room and turned on the T.V. Law and Order SVU marathon was on. Perfect.

About a half hour later Harry and Bridget returned with a caramel late and cinnamon raisin bagel. "Good morning my love" Harry came up and kissed me on the lips, in the background Bridget made a throwing up noise;

"Very funny Bridg." She giggles to herself

Harry got up and went into my room; "be right back"

"Okay..." I responded. Bridget came over and put her head on my lap. I started playing with her hair. "Taylor...? Do you think my mom would ever come back to me?"

I was sad to hear that she still wanted to be with her mom, thinking we were past that. "Bridg, honestly? I don't think she will be coming back. She made the choice to leave you, which was really stupid on her part; I can't replace your mother and I don't want to but I will try my best to be the best parent figure for you."

I could be saying this because I wanted to believe it. I wanted to believe and think her mom was never coming back, so it made things easier on me.

"But Taylor, think about it; were only six years apart."

"DNA doesn't define a family Bridg, love does." With that; Harry comes out with a baby kitten with a blue ribbon around it.

"Bridget, since I will not be here for your birthday, I decided to make up for your long nights alone; and got you a kitten." I looked over at Bridget and her eyes lit up, she wanted a kitten ever since Harry and I started dating, she told me once that she's never had a pet growing up; and now I was so happy that we were able to give that to her.

Harry handed the kitten over, "What should we name her Taylor?!"

"How about Meredith?" Bridget and I watch Greys Anatomy all the time and our favorite character was Meredith.

"Sounds perfect!" There was something attached to the bottom of the cats ribbon.

"What's that Bridg?" I pointed to the thing. She picked it up and examined it.

"It's two plane tickets to Worcestershire, England." She smiles at me after taking a look closely

I looked up at Harry really puzzled; "Well, I thought since I met your parents for Thanksgiving, maybe you can meet my mum for Christmas...." He smiled at Bridget, "Plus I think all the boys really want to meet you B."

"I don't know Harry, its different here, and around this time. I have to get Bridget up in her studies, she's got exams in a week, and we have to squeeze in her birthday and we have to move in, and I don't think we can take a cat on a plane and I wouldn't have anyone to watch her and what if someone breaks into our new—"

Harry cut me off by kissing me. "Babe, I don't need an answer now, just think about it."

"I'd give you an anxiety pill but I took them all" Bridget said laughing at her own joke.

"Not funny." And it really wasn't, she is so light hearted about what happened and I am glad shes over it but its not something to joke about.

The rest of the day was nice; we hung out, watched movies, ate food and played with Meredith. It all ended shortly when Harry had to leave for the airport. Sadly Bridget and I couldn't drop him off because he couldn't be seen with me.

Harry packed his bag and walked over to give Bridget a hug, and then he came over to me and put his hand to my face, "Think about it okay?" I nodded yes and he gave me a long passionate kiss, we even got caught in the moment. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. We didn't break apart until Bridget reminded us that she was in the room.

**Three days later**

Bridget's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FAVORITE DAUGHTER!" Taylor startled me out of my sleep,

"Only because I am your only daughter." I joke, She gave me a little push and handed me a gift. It was a small box and inside it was a beautiful locket necklace.

"Look inside" on one side was a picture of Taylor and me laughing on the couch, Harry must of taken it. And on the other was Taylor and me on the red carpet of the AMA's. We were doing the same exact pose.

"Taylor this... this is just beautiful. Thank you so much." She gave me a long hug.

"Come to the kitchen I made you a birthday breakfast" and so I did, I walked over and on my plate was a Mickey Mouse pancake with strawberries as the eyes and blueberries as the mouth. My dad used to do this for me every birthday when he was still around.

"How did you know?" I asked Tay

"Because I looked through some pictures and there was a stack of 'birthdays' and you always had one with your dad and the pancake. So I thought you'd enjoy it."

"Thank you so much."

After breakfast we got ready for my road test, I knew I was prepared but I think Taylor was really nervous for me. Taylor drove the way there and it was calming. She told me that she failed her driver's test three times before getting her license. So I guess that made me feel a little better.

The driving test flew by and I passed it with flying colors; Taylor was so excited for me so we went straight to the DMV to get my picture and I.D. On the way there I turned on the radio and The Edge of Glory came on.

We were jamming to it but then Taylor's phone began to ring; she looked down for one second to answer her phone.

And the last thing I remember was a large Hummer running right into my side

Hey guys!! Sooo cliffhanger!! I hope you don't mind it! I thought it would be a perfect place to end it because I myself don't know whats going to happen next!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for reading every chapter and voting and sharing! I couldn't have done this without you!