Chapter 20: They Dont Know

• Dedicated to my loving sister, Clarise

“All rise!” said the officer as he stood below the stand. We all arose as the judge walked in the room and took her seat at her desk. Roc was sitting in one of the chairs at a table next to his attorney. Clay and MIcah were on the opposite side, Micah had an arm cast on. I felt bad for Roc, it was my fault all of this happened to him. I Should have listened and just stayed away, but the person inside of me wanted to prove him wrong.

“We have Chresanto August versus Clay Dickerson and MIcah Thomas.” The judge said as she fixed her glasses and took a couple of pages from a manilla folder she had that laid beside of her. “Can Chresanto’s appointed lawyer come forward please?”

A tall, lanky woman with golden red hair that was in a bun walked up. The court room was so quiet, that all you heard was clicking of her heels on the wood floor and the air conditioning coming from the ceiling.

“Your honor, these are the statements that my client and his peers have said.” She said giving the judge a few papers.

The judge overlooked the papers and put them aside, “Proceed.” She said.

“Okay, my client Chresanto August is a really good person,” she said walking back and forth. “A straight A student, gets along with everyone and is always helpful. What happened that night was hatred, deceitful and sick. These two gentlemen,” she pointed at Micah and Clay. “These two gentlemen invited the new girl into their own sick world. She was pretty, well developed and just a joy to be around. Clay and his friend Micah played as if they were her friend then they tried to take advantage of her.

“I OBJECT YOUR HONOR!” A man on the other side of the room yelled as he stood up and walked to where the woman was standing. “Your honor, my clients asked the young woman if she would like to come to that location. And according to the way she acts and dresses she is not as little as you think she is.” He said. “She made the decision to follow them. It is clearly not my clients fault.

My throat tensed up and I felt knots in my stomach. Princeton must have caught glimpse of me because he put his arm around of me.

“Your honor” the lady said. “She was almost raped and also shot in the head by a drunk Micah Thomas.” She yelled.

“YES! You said a DRUNK MIcah Thomas, of course alcohol will bring you out of yoour mental state. The male said.

The woman looked slighty annoyed by him, “Why was a minor drinking in the first place?” She said.

The judged looked back and forth at the two, who were obviously in a fued. “Okay so can we get Chresanto August to the stand please?”

Rocs POV

All eyes were on me as I stood up and the officer escorted me to the stand. I took a seat and looked down, I felt ashamed and I know my mom does to. I looked up and saw the man come up to me with a folder in his hand. A large lump formed in my throat and my hands started to sweat. I looked out in the audience of people that filled the room and my eyes locked on one person. Yn was looking down and Princeton was holding her, I could tell she was frightened by everythingl.

“ So Chresanto, why did you follow Yn to where she was going?” he questioned me. I really didnt know what to say.

“Because I knew something wasnt right.” I answered. "Everytime a new girl came to our school, their group was always over her. Sometimes the girl would transfer schools without even telling anybody. This isnt the first time this has happened." I said fidgeting with my hands. 

The court room was silent for a moment then the judge finally spoke. "Okay that is all Chresanto, thank you." she said.

The officer escorted me back to my seat next to my attorney. 

"Can we have Yn Clark to the stand please?" 

Everyone including myself looked back. I didnt know they were going to call her up to speak. She looked scared and frustrated, I just wanted to hug her and tell her and tell everything was going to be okay. 

As she walked to the stand, she kept her head down not looking at anyone. I felt really bad for her. She took her seat and picked at her nail cuticals.

 "Tell us what happened the day of the event that took place." My attorney asked her. 

She didn't say anything, instead she looked as if she couldnt speak. I could see the water droplets from the sweat that built up on her forread. She looked as if she was about to pass out. I could tell there were so many things going on in her head. I watched her as the courtroom grew more silent and impatient by the second.

Alrighty guys… so I have been MIA for a while, but its for a good reason. So over the weeks, my sister died. It has taken me a while to overcome it but im still a bit broken. But im soooooo sorry for not updating. But my twitter was hacked today guys … so im like furious, but yall should follow my new one. Its @blamesociiety … OH and ive been thinking about getting a PO Box for all my fans on twitter, instagram, youtube, vine, and OFCOURSE wattpad. So just out of curiosity… who would send me stuff? Comment below. Well sorry for the wait guys.. theres so much more to come.