Litten

You were visiting Alola with your family for a while. You were all originally from Kalos, but everyone wanted to get out and see new things. There were many strange new Pokémon here. Some looked like normal animals even.

You were outside far from home, playing around in a cave you had wandered into. You didn't notice the mysterious Pokémon hiding and watching you. You didn't really look like a threat to them, since you didn't have a Pokémon of your own.

You walked deeper into the cave, careful not to step on any surprise Pokémon that come out of nowhere. You saw a light at the end of the cave. You decided to walk towards it and when you exited, there was a big opening with wild Pokémon roaming around. You suddenly heard a loud meow sound and saw something running at you. You squeaked and flinched, then realized it was a Pokémon the size of a house cat.

"Huh?" You tilted your head at it. It sat and tilted its head back. You heard a laugh as someone came over.

"Litten seems to of taken a liking to you!" The voice said. You looked up to see a man standing there.

"Litten... Huh... Who are you?" You asked.

"Call me Hala. What's your name?" The man replied.

"(Y/n)."

"Alright. Say, are you interested in Pokémon?" He asked. You nodded, unsure of what to say, not wanting to be improper.

"I could give you a Pokémon of your own. You can have Litten, or two others that I have with me." Hala smiled. You looked at Litten, who stared back up at you. It was cute, and it seemed like it would be a good companion.

"I'll take Litten, please." You smiled kindly. Hala smiled back and handed you the Pokeball for Litten.

"If he wants to go with you, he should jump right into your arms!" Hala laughed. Just like that, Litten jumped into your arms and you caught him. You laughed as he crawled up onto your shoulder and sat.

"Well, it's settled. Hey, meet me back at town so I can introduce you to others!" Hala smiled and walked away.

"Thank you, sir." You replied. He nodded and walked back into town. You looked at Litten and smiled. He suddenly hopped down and tugged on your shorts, wanting you to follow him. You tilted your head and followed as Litten led you back into the cave.

The Litten suddenly turned human, having black hair and cat ears and such. Your eyes widened as you looked him up and down, processing what had just happened. He chuckled at your confusion.

"Heya (Y/n)!" Litten smiled.

"H-Hey..."

"Don't be too stumped about this, I don't know how it happened either," he shrugged, "Are you staying here in Alola?"

"Only temporarily... We'll go back at some point." You replied. He looked down, seemingly disappointed that you weren't staying.

"I won't be able to go with you back to where you came from..." He whimpered, looking back up at you. You bit your lip slightly and thought for a moment. You then suddenly grabbed his hand and raced back to the house you were staying in for the time.

"Mom! I have a really crazy question!" You walked in, dragging Litten behind you.

"Hmm..? Oh-" your mother turned to see Litten in his human form. She stared for a minute, just as puzzled as you were. He waved.

"Okay so do you think that maybe we could I don't know... Stay here...?" You asked, knowing it was a risky question. It was hard to move overseas, so the answer would probably be no.

"Uh..." your mother thought for a moment, surprised by the sudden question. She understood why you had asked, considering the pleading look on Litten's face.

"Ah... Well, I was thinking about it before you came in. I was worried you wouldn't agree, though." Your mother smiled. Your eyes widened as you replied, "S-So... We can move here?"

"Yes, dear."

"YES!" Litten yelled, overly excited. You looked at him and his ears went down as his face became red.

"H-Heh, sorry." He smiled awkwardly. You laughed and took him into your room, closing the door. He suddenly hugged you tight. You hugged back, surprised.

"I can't wait for our journey..."

"Neither can I."