Chapter six- Burnt Bones

The TimeWing and the BloodWing stared across the expanse of desert. 

"Where to now?" Scorch said. "Don't we have to find that lost TimeWing? She could be anywhere." 

Marble blinked at him. Why is he so interested in helping? He could have left long ago.

"We should start by visiting all the queens, to see if she's been captured" she suggested. Scorch shrugged. "It's a good idea...but don't we not want to be seen?" 

Marble huffed. "What I meant  was that we just sneak in and visit dungeons and stuff." She said.Scorch smiled. "Alright, where to first? I flunked Pyrrhian geography class." 

Apparently.

"Burn's Stronghold. That's the closest place. Then we go find Blaze, then Blister too. Then we can go to the Icewing palace, then the Sky kingdom. After that, I guess the closest place is the Sea kingdom, the Mud kingdom, the Rainforest kingdom, and last, the Night kingdom. Although, I guess the NightWings live with the RainWings now."

Scorch laughed. "Really? NightWings living with RainWings of all creatures?" Marble shook her head in dismay. Is he always so stupid? Three moons...I hope he doesn't stick around the whole time.

"You didn't hear the news, did you. About a year or two ago, an informant found out that RainWings could spit a deadly venom." she explained. Scorched snorted. "Hah! Nice one. I'm not that gullible, you know."

Marble smirked. "Oh, it's plenty true. I guess BloodWings just don't get a lot of the information we pass around." She was, admittedly, quite proud of her tribe. They had spies in every kingdom, every palace, stronghold, every city. The TimeWings were so stealthy, they often knew things before even the rest of Pyrrhia. Though, surely now some of them knew about the Glory-Scarlet incident. Burn seemed to have told all her guards about it, one informant had said, incase Glory ever snuck in to kill her. 

Scorch still seemed doubtful. "If it's true, then likely because of our psycho queen's obsession with ignoring anything and everything your tribe ever says." Marble surprised herself by laughing. It was so ridiculously true, they couldn't help but notice how silly and immature the old queen was. After a moment, though, her smile died. Granite...

Scorch seemed to read her thoughts. "We aren't all murderers, you know," he said quietly. "We aren't all like her." Scorch's orange-eyed stare bore into her icy blue eyes, but she could only stare at the ground. Granite was the best and most widely respected leader of the TimeWings since the end of the monarchy (which for some reason, nobody could remember). She would be lying if she said she didn't miss him. 

"Well, I guess we'd better get started. Pyrrhia's not a small island." Marble said quickly. She worried about the BloodWing, even if he seemed innocent. She wasn't quite ready to believe his statement. Maybe that was all part of the act. She had already promised she wouldn't get too close with him.

Scorch nodded, and the dragons flew in the direction of the stronghold.

The scent hit them first. The stench of rotting flesh was so overpowering, they both had to breath through their mouths. It didn't take long before a foggy outline of a massive castle was seen. Both dragons sped up a little bit, eager to get there faster, so they could leave. They landed not far from the entrance. They snuck around the outer edge, looking for another place to enter unseen.

After touring around the whole thing, Marble told Scorch to go hide in a cave nearby, so that she could sneak in through the front using her 'invisibility' powers.