Chapter 16

Percy's POV:

I sat staring at the waves as they rushed to meet my feet. It was only my second day at camp half-blood and the campers were already afraid of me. I closed my eyes knowing if I left now my father would find me and have me killed for treason, this was the safest place for me and Nyla. I jumped in surprise as the scent of lemons and strawberries swarmed around me.

I didn't even turn "Hey, Annabeth."

She sat next to me "how'd you know it was me?"

"Your smell is very strong."

She raised her eyebrow with a growing frown "I smell to you?"

A laugh escaped my lips "everyone has a smell and yours is lemons and strawberries."

"Interesting. So, mind telling me why you are out here all alone?"

Sighing, "they are all afraid of me. No one understands that not all werewolves are evil. Sure I've had my times of struggles and I've done horrible things but I won't attack anyone on purpose."

"They've never met a werewolf so you have to give them time to adjust Percy. What do you mean horrible things?" Her voice never quivered with fear which comforted me.

I looked down "I killed a demigod."

Her breath hitched "was it quick? Could you tell me why?"

"No, it was a slow painful death. I was forced to by my father, he threatened my little sister and it's the one thing I regret the most."

Her warm hand wrapped around mine "Then it wasn't your fault, you didn't have a choice. Besides, they just don't understand you. So, don't give up on them and just give them time."

I shrugged my shoulders "I am used to it and they should be afraid because I could lose control. Well, I will lose control on a full moon."

Annabeth looked up at me "I am not afraid."

I stood "You should be." I started to walk away until Annabeth's hand grabbed my arm.

"Well, I am not and I would like to spar with you. I need the practice and you can show me how to defend myself against your kind."

I thought for a second and smiled "I guess I have the time. So what kind of weapon do you have?"

She pulled out her celestial bronze dagger and I clicked my tongue "That won't hurt as much you need silver."

She raised her eyebrows "You heal quick right?"

I nodded my head and out of nowhere she lodged her dagger into my shoulder. I cried out in pain "What the hades Annabeth!"

She smirked, "it hurts right?" I nodded my head "then my dagger works." She reached down and yanked it out of my shoulder making me bite my lip.

"I think you hit bone! Geeze, Annabeth don't do that." I moved my shoulder causing it to pop. I groaned as my body repaired the torn muscles and all that other stuff.

Annabeth gasped as she watched "That's amazing! How fast do you usually heal?"

I smiled at her, "it depends on what kind of weapon was used and how deep the wound is. Silver is the most effective against my kind and if you only have celestial bronze you have to aim for the vitals and twist making the wound large. In doing so you will make the healing process take longer."

We stopped near the dummies in the sparring area. I pulled out Riptide and uncapped it while Annabeth unsheathed her knife. We stared each other down waiting for the other to make a move. My teeth seemed to respond to the anticipation of a fight. My sharp teeth grew preparing to take a bite of whatever is threatening me. I smiled "any time wisegirl."

Annabeth rolled her eyes "Wisegirl isn't an insult Percy."

"Oh yeah got anything better?"

"Seaweed brain."

"Seaweed brain?"

She lunged at me and I swung riptide to meet her strike. "Yes, you left yourself open!"

"You're good wisegirl I will give you that but I am better." I dropped to the ground sweeping her feet out from under her. She fell with a grunt.

She looked up at me "again."

"Sure but the outcome will always be the same. My senses are stronger than yours, giving me the advantage over you weak little demigod body."

She got up in my face "who are you calling weak?" Her finger poked my chest and I growled.

"Are you sure you are a daughter of Athena?"

"Are you sure you want to go down this path mutt?" Growing once again I took a step back, shaking my head.

"I don't think you want to test me, Annie."

She swung her fist at my jaw knocking me off my feet "don't. Call. Me. Annie!"

We met each other's eyes and burst out laughing. I took a deep breath "you may be a daughter of Athena but you have a lot to learn about werewolves. I like you, wise girl, you got guts to punch a werewolf."

She sat next to me "you're not so bad yourself. Truce?"

Her hand was held out and I took it "truce. Now could you tell me what a TV is? I've heard campers saying they wished they had one here."

Her laugh rang in my ears "of course seaweed brain."

I paced around the big house explaining to Chiron about the full moon. "You have to make sure no one leaves their cabin. I don't want to be responsible for hurting one of them."

He stroked his beard "I will make sure they do not leave as for the barriers I have put it on lockdown no one can leave but demigods can come in but you will stay in the borders. We can't have you running around the streets now can we."

I sighed in relief "thank gods. You let them know what to expect right? I don't want them to be even more scared of me or cause them to run out when they hear."

He nodded "they all have been informed. You have nothing to worry about. I will send Malcolm and Will to look for you in the morning."

I walked out meeting Annabeth "meeting go well seaweed brain?"

"Yeah but please don't come out no matter what."

"I know! You've told me five times already and even the nature spirits know."

"I know I know. I just want everyone to be safe."

TIME SKIP

Everyone was safely in their cabins by the time the moon started to rise. They gave me wary looks every time I would pace and shift just to take the edge off. I took a deep breath as the shift began.

Annabeth's POV:

I held my breath as his screams turned into howls. It was frightening to think that he felt this amount of pain every full moon. Malcolm walked around checking to see if everyone was in the cabin since we were all on lockdown. Anyone who didn't make it to their cabin or comes through the border will be ushered into the big house by the harpies.

We were all on edge hoping nothing bad happens. During the day I took notice on the signs of the full moons affects and when he is close to shifting. Mood swings happened almost every time you would speak to him and mostly anger. He would pace and grab at his hair. Then he would snap his head up as if he sensed something was near him.

I am hoping by knowing the signs we can keep this perfect record of no attacks but he did have a moment as Thalia likes to call it a shifting tantrum. He ran off growling and killed four rabbits. I need to know what calms him down.

I looked back at the window once more catching a flash of green that disappeared in the trees. I laid down closing my eyes and entered Morpheus' realm.

How was it, guys? Thank you so much for reading. Please, Comment I would love to know what you think!

Lot's of love,

Purplelittleninja