Chapter 2

Percy's

I slowly woke up and see the girl Zoe petting my fur while reading a book. I have never seen a book before but mom told me about them. I mean she thought me how to write and read words that she wrote down but I have never seen a real book. There was a weird sound and voices coming from a small box that Zoe had. She must have felt me move because she looked down and smiled "Oh good you're awake, how do you feel?"

I flicker my ears and look at the weird box that is making sounds that are really cool. I pull away and shift forms "What is that?" and I pointed to the box.

She looked confused "Oh it's an ipod and it plays music." Zoe must have saw my confused look. "You have never heard of music?"

I shake my head no. I sniff the air and smell something amazing making my tummy growl. I look at Zoe who laughs at my tummy. "Hungry? Wel,l me to so lets go!" She grabs my hand and walks me over to where the delicious smell is coming from.

One of the other girls smile, "Hey the little wolf is awake!" I slow down hiding behind Zoe's leg.

She looks back at me "It's okay Percy they won't hurt you." I look up at her and smell the warm scent of honey dew. I slowly move away and sit down at the table. I touch this weird thing with three sharp edges and cry out as it burns my finger. Zoe grabs the thing she called a 'fork' and looks at the burn marks.

 "I am so sorry I forgot that the forks are silver. Girls go get the plastic ones." They nod and run off. I sniffle as tear form in my eyes. Zoe gets a wet towel and presses it to my hand. "Sh it's okay. I just forgot that they were silver."

"It's okay it will heal," I say to her to make her feel better. Each emotion gives off a certain scent so I know she feels bad. The girls come back and gave me a new fork. I watch Zoe as she uses her fork to eat. How weird, why not just pick it up and eat with your hands. I do the same as her and eat a pancake and my gods it's so good! I think I ate like five or six of those things.

The girl named Maddie laughed "Never ate a pancake?" She has light brown hair with honey golden eyes.

"No I haven't Mommy and I only ate meat." They smile and finish their food. I stand up and look around for something to do.

Zoe walks over to me "Want to go meet the wolves? I am supposed to watch over you until Lady Artemis comes back." I nod eagerly hoping I can play.

We walk over to the pack of wolfs and I shift into my wolf and run over to them. I yelp as one of the other pups around my size tackle me. His fur was a honey color "Hi my name is Sam." we can speak mentally to one another.

"I am Percy." After introductions, we chased each other around and wrestled. Sam's sister who was named Winter joined in as we ran around the Hunters camp. Zoe and Phoebe laughed at us as Winter pounced on me and I face planted in the mud.

"Winter! You will pay for that!"

"Catch me if you can!" She goes bolting in between each tent. I chase after her with Sam right behind.

Sam calls out "Hey no fair! You got a head start!"

We circle all the way back to where Zoe and Phoebe are sitting listening to music. Sam, Winter, and I collapse from exhaustion and snuggle. My head was on Sam and Winter's was on my tummy. I closed my eyes listening to their heartbeats slow down. I fall asleep with my two new friends.

Zoe's PoV

I watch the little pups sleep until Sam and Winter's mother comes and picks them up to take them somewhere else. Percy wakes up and walks over to me with his ears flickering back and forth. He lays down and curls up in my lap. I smile and start to pet behind his ears. I must of hit his good spot because his leg started moving like he was running. Phoebe walked up and laughed and started petting Percy. He growled when he opened his eyes to warn us to stop. I watched as he slept and I talked with Phoebe.

Phoebe runs he hands through Percy's fur. "I can't believe he is only three and his mom had to leave him to protect him."

I nod "I still can't believe he is a son of Lycaon, he is just so gentle and sweet." I take a deep breath and smell a nasty odor. I lean down and sniff Percy "Oh gods he smells!"

Phoebe laughs "We can give him a bath when he wakes up. I can't believe how small his wolf form is."

"His wolf form will grow at a human pace so it fits with his human nature and form." Phoebe nods. Percy must have been having a dream because he kept whining and moving his legs like he was running. Phoebe and I look at each other and bust out laughing. Percy jumps up looking wildly around.

Phoebe yells "Bath time Percy!" Percy's ears go back and he turns around looking like he was going to bolt.

I hop on my feet and quickly scoop him in my arms. "Not so fast little wolf you stink so, you are getting a bath and that's final."

He projects his thoughts I do not stink! I hate baths! I smile down at him while I walk over to the river. Phoebe comes running with soap and other bath items.

"You are staying in your wolf form and we will give you clean clothes for you to change in after your bath." I sit on the ground and put Percy into the water. Phoebe starts pouring water over Percy with a cup. He shakes flinging water all over us. "Perseus! No bad boy!"

Phoebe laughs and Percy growls in irritation I am not a dwg!

I look at him "You kind of are." I start washing out the soap. "Almost done and Lady Artemis should be back soon from her hunt."

Phoebe yells "Done! You smell much better now!" He looks over at me then Phoebe and pushes me into the river.

I scream "Percy!"

He shifts and a little boy is standing there laughing. I throw him some clean clothes "Go change!" He does what I tell him.

He comes back and yawns "Zoe, Phoe I am hungry." I laugh how he says Phoebe.

Phoebe smiles "Well let's get you some food pup." She grabs his little hand leading him to the dining area while I go dry off.

I walk to the dining hall and see Lady Artemis holding Percy. I walk over and sit next to her. "My lady how is thee today?"

She smiled "I am good, thank you, Zoe. How was he today?"

I smiled "Phoebe and I gave him a much-needed bath."

Percy smiled "I smell much bettwr now!" Artemis and I laugh

Artemis pokes his little cheeks "Yes you do." We all laugh and start explaining the human world to Percy. Like music, TV, and what we do for fun. He listened to every word unless there was a weird sound that was to loud and he would have to cover his ears. I think he will be a great addition to the hunt when he grows up, Let's just hope his father doesn't find him and take him away. I have already grown to like the little wolf as if he is my little brother.

Alright well, I hope you guys liked it! Please comment and let me know what you think. Have a great day! 

Lot's of love,

purplelittleninja.