Chapter 26: Faith to Fall Back On

"Hey, Tucker?"

"Yeah, Abi?"

"Did Kyle come?"

"Yeah, he's been here every day. Why?"

"Can you bring him and everyone else in here, please?"

"Sure... I-I'll be right back." He then disappeard for about five minutes. When he came back, everyone had been here the whole time. My brothers, Lea, Wen, Charlie, Travis, Mr. and Mrs. Benson, the entire varsity football team, about half of the JV football team, and even a few players on the freshman team, along with Aunt Mal, Uncle Marc, Stella, Tucker, Mr. Barnes, and Pastor Kyle. He came over to me with a smile on his face that I'll never forget. He sat next to me on the bed and just kept smiling. Was he expecting what was coming?

"Well, Abi, this is a completely amazing turnout. So, what did you need for me and everyone that came to visit you to help you with?"

"Well... Kyle... I believe I saw the light today."

"Really? What would you like to do about it?"

"Be saved." I said it with so much confidence, Kyle just smiled while everyone in the room was hollering, cheering, whisling, and anything else imaginable to congratulate me.

"Alright, Abi. Why don't we start with a prayer of forgiveness. We do need an alter, though..."

"Miss Abi," someone asked. When everyone moved out of the way, I saw the nurse.

"Well, Abi, it seems as if you can leave today. You're healing faster than we ever thought you would. All we need from you is rehab for about a week if you need help with walking and stuff like that." I got up out of bed, cheering, jumping up and down, and running around the room giving hugs to everyone. They kept cheering things like "You don't need rehab," "Way to go, Abs," and even "Amazing, Abi! It's a miracle!"

So, we all met at the church. Kyle got us into the chapel and he looked at me before we went to the alters.

"Are you sure you're ready, Abi," he asks. I didn't have to think about that answer anymore.

"As I'll ever be," I reply. Since the varsity, JV, and freshman football teams were here, we decided to do a football huddle around the alter with Kyle, Chris, Hunter, Aunt Mal, Uncle Marc, Tucker, Stella, and I in the middle. Around us we had Travis, Lea, Charlie, Mr. and Mrs. Benson, Stacey, Mikayla, and Vanessa. Around them was Charlie G, Scott, Erik, Tony, Adam, Tyler, Mason, CJ, Cole, Dylan, and I even believe Coach Leeland showed up later. Around them was JV and freshman football players and Mr. Barnes. When everyone was settled, everyone that was close enough placed their hands on either my back, shoulders, arms, or hands, we bowed our heads, and closed our eyes as Kyle said the prayer.

"Dear Heavenly Father, Lord, we thank you for this day. For, Lord, you have given us many blessings today. FIrst, we'd like to thank you for keeping Abi safe and alive with us today. Second, Lord, we thank you for another one of your children has decided to give their life to You. Father, we pray that You will guide her and protect her, and in Your glorious and precious name, Amen."

~~~

I decided to make a Facebook post that day. One that would hopefully change other lives of the people that viewed my page. It looked a little something like this:

Have you ever had that refreshing feeling when you take a shower/bath or go swimming? After a long day of stress or sweating so much? Well, that kind of feeling is infinitely stronger when you're in the water when we are cleansed of our sins and have a clean slate with God. And, yes, it MAY seem impossible to have a clean slate and to be forgiven by the most powerful person in existance, but with Him, NOTHING is impossible. Mainly, all you have to do is trust Him and fully believe He will deliver. But, there's also spreading that Good News. But what exactly IS this "Good News" I'm talking about? Well, here's what I mean. The Good News is that God loved us so much, He sent His only Son to die for our sins. WE were supposed to die for our sins, but HE did instead! And He even CONQUERED DEATH! His love is EVERLASTING and NEVER fails! Now, there are many ways to spread the Good News. There's impacting someone's life by: working to help your community, donating to local charities, standing up for what you believe in, and the list goes on and on. So, how will YOU make an impact? How will YOU make your voice heard? How will YOU spread the Good News? And when will YOU ask God to cleanse you of your sins and forgive you? Well, I can't answer that question and neither can anyone else or the internet. Reason being, it all starts with one person: YOU.

I even got so into this, I even changed my status:

Just gotta have faith to fall back on.

After closing out of Facebook for the day, I decided to turn on the radio. And the song I heard was so me right now. This part of the song got me the most:

These days I'm not sure if I know

What I'm doing here or where I'll go

But, every night I say the same old prayer:

God, I don't have to see you. I know that you're there

'Cause there were times I thought I wouldn't make it home

But I kept a little faith to fall back on

Yeah, and I've learned to put my trust where it belongs

And I've gotta little faith to fall back on

'Cause when the answers that you know just prove you wrong,

Oh, you gotta have a little faith to fall back on

Yeah, you gotta be strong. Yeah, you gotta be strong

And find a little faith to fall back on.

That's chapter 26 for ya! Oh, and for those of you hayniacs out there (including you, Hannah), I thought I'd name the chapter after Hunter's country/contemporary song Faith to Fall Back On... and include a few lines from the song. If you haven't heard it yet, listen to it ASAP, it's AMAZING!!! So, I hope you all loved it and stay tuned for chapter 27! Show your love for the chapter however you like and God Bless! :)