Chapter 11: I Hate Mondays

~THE NEXT DAY~

ABI'S POV

School's been okay so far. I mean, almost all of my classes are fun ones. The only time I get boring classes are when people don't know how to shut up or teachers feel like that they have to rant forever. Anyway, now I'm at lunch, and for the first time ever, my group of friends, just about half of the varsity football team, and I are all sitting at one table. Well, now it's two... We had to join two seperate tables together. All of the guys were laughing together while the girls felt a little awkward about it at first. But after a few minutes the girls got comfortable and started talking with the guys and goofing around. Suddenly, one of the guys brought up something interesting.

"So, what're we gonna do about this whole Kassie thing," Erik asks.

"What're you talking about, doofus," I reply.

"C'mon, Abi, you know what she did to you last week wasn't cool and needs payback," Dylan explained.

"I hardly ever agree with my brother, but he's actually right for once," Cole added.

"Guys, we aren't going to do anything to Kassie," I sighed

"Why not," Cyrus asks, "I mean, c'mon, you don't expect her to get away with that, do you?"

"No, I don't, but I think there are other ways to do it. I'm not gonna sink to her level just to get even. I know I'm a better person than her and she can do whatever she wants for all I care, it doesn't change the fact that I'm better than her in many ways."

"Like what, sweetie," someone asks. Their voice is all squeaky and sounds extremely sarcastic. From the looks on everyone's faces it must be bad. They all look really ticked and I hear nothing from the other party supposedly behind me. Turning around, I find my answers.

Kassie.

"What do you want," I ask.

"Oh, sweetie, it's not what we want in general, it's what we want to say," Trina replies

"Then what do you want to say?"

"You must feel so guilty these days, but we wouldn't blame you," Sophie smirked.

"What're you rambling on about now?"

"We know the whole story, Abi," Kassie replied, "about how you killed your own mother?" 

*How did they know!?!*

"H-how do you know!?!" There is a little terror in my voice now and all I wanna do is punch those witches in the face for finding out.

"She didn't kill her, Kassie," Tucker yelled, defending me.

"Of course she did," Kassie replied, "she just asked how we knew, so that proves it."

"I didn't mean to, okay," I screamed, "She told me to save myself!" By now, the entire lunchroom is listening in on our conversation. A couple of teachers have now come over to stop the argument before it turns into a fight, those teachers being Mr. Barnes and Principal Reznick. Principal Reznick asks Kassie and her passe to go with him while Mr. Barnes drags me away from the scene. All of my friends, Tucker, and Travis are all trying to follow us, but Mr. Barnes tells them to go away and that this is a private matter. But, Tucker and Travis say something that I didn't think they'd ever say for me.

"We all know what's going on. Let all of us be there for her, please?" They all must really care about me.

"Fine," Mr. Barnes sighs, "but I don't want any of you causing any trouble for Abigail. She has enough already as you all may know."