Chapter 11

While Matt was telling her our story, the lady was working on my leg. When she was done she looked at me and Matt with a look of distrust. "It's true! I swear! Go and ask Lisarra, she'll confirm all of this." 'Lisarra, can you please tell the healer that all we say is true?' I felt her nod in agreement. The healer left for a moment and came back shaking her head. "If all you say is true, you have a very perilous journey ahead." She began to gather some objects and slipped them into a bag. "Here, inside there's all the medicine you need to keep safe out here.  She will be okay enough to travel, she should be fine within a day or two." She went into the adjoining room and handed me a bathing suit. "There's a hot springs nearby that should feel wonderful on your leg." "Oh, it's okay, I brought my own." I smiled in thanks. "Off you go. It sounds to me like you have quite a journey." We thanked her once again and Matt lifted me up and put me back on Lisarra's back. I told Lisarra about the hot springs and she said it wasn't to long outside of our way. I felt my eyes drooping and I leaned against Matt. 'You should rest. I'll wake you when we get there.' He kissed my head then I let the darkness consume me. I didn't feel like long before Matt shook me awake. "Come on sleeping beauty! The water's amazing!" He shouted running back into the water. I sat up and stretched, working out the kinks in my back. I slipped behind Lisarra so that Matt couldn't see me changing. I slipped on my bikini and slipped into the water. A sigh slipped out when the water touched my leg. I looked up and I felt my eyes widen in wonder. The sky was covered in stars, it was like you could see the milky way from down here. Around it was a soft purple light. I looked around and saw a beautiful waterfall. I swam up to it and tried to see if there was anything behind it. When I dived under I saw a little cave behind the rocks. 'Nicole? Where are you?' I heard him ask. 'Come and find me.' I whispered. I heard him laugh nearby and I heard the splashing of water. I ducked my head under to see if he was near my secret cove. When I came up for air two hands grabbed me around the waist. "Matt!" I shrieked. He laughed and turned me around. I gave him a kiss and in shock he let go. I took a deep breath and swam away, silently laughing. I looked back and saw him speeding towards me. I dove out of the way before he could grab me. We played a game of tag under the water, but he couldn't catch me though. When I came up for air, he finally caught up to me. He grabbed my hand and began pulling me to the cave. 'You might not want to listen in on our thoughts, just sayin.' I told Lisarra. I only heard her laugh in response. When we reached the other side he gave me a slow, passionate kiss. I smiled and wound my hands through his hair. He pulled me close and put his hands on my waist. I wanted to stay like that forever. 'Nicole! There are people here, they're armed. Stay where you are, I don't want them to find you.' "Looks like we found ourselves a meal boys." Said a tall boy with a cruel glint in his eyes. I struggled to swim to her, but Matt held me back. 'Let me go first. You stay here in case anything goes wrong.' He gave me a kiss before swimming off to Lisarra's help. "Can I help you?" He called out, swimming closer. "I think you can. Is this your dragon?" The tall boy asked moving a little too close for my liking. "Yes, she's mine. Why do you ask?" The cruel boy moved closer and hit Matt with his weapon. "Matt!" I shouted, cringing when they turned to look at me. "Who is this pretty little lady? Is she yours too?" I looked at Matt with frightened eyes. "Yes, and if you lay a finger on her I will track you down and kill you." The kid laughed at Matt's threat and nodded to some of the other kids. They held him back as the tall kid dived into the water a began to swim towards me. I swam away as fast and as hard as I could. I heard the kid growling in frustration when I moved farther away from him. Suddenly a pain shot up my leg and I screamed. While I was recovering from the pain the kid grabbed me and began to tow me back to land. I tried to struggle, but every time I moved the pain shot up my leg. The kid lay me on the ground and reached out to touch me. I recoiled and Matt said, "Let me go!" The kid nodded and they let him go. He ran over to me and cradled me in his arms. When I winced Matt glared at the kid. "What did you do to her?" His voice was dangerously low. "I-I didn't do anything! I swear!" 'Lisarra? Can you see if he's telling the truth.' She was silent for a moment before replying. 'You need to get away from him. He has dark intentions for you. Other than that he's telling the truth.' She roller her eyes. When Matt looked at me I slightly jerked my head to Lisarra. He gave me the smallest nod and stood up. "What are you doing?" The kid stepped in our way but Matt stepped around him. "Our medical supplies are on my dragon." As soon as Matt got settled on Lisarra, she took off. But not before the kid climbed on as she was taking off. 'Matt, look behind you.' Matt turned around in time to see the kid raise his weapon, now that I had a better view I saw that it was a gun. 'Lisarra, stay by the water. In case someone falls off.' She moved closer to the water and flew down low enough so that if anyone did fall, it wouldn't harm them. "Give me the girl." The kid looked at me, but aimed the gun at Matt. 'Lisarra, go lower to the water I have a plan.' She did as I said but reluctantly. I stood and dove into the water.

 Sorry about the wait. I'm having a bit of writers block. It might be a little longer than expected.