Chapter 7

Matt jumped up, still holding on to me. I slipped down out of his grasp. 'Come with me to grab my clothes I have an idea.' I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me. After I snatched up my clothes and he put his shirt back on, we ran back to the entrance. I placed my free hand on the rocks and motioned for him to do the same. He did and much to my disappointment, nothing happened. I sighed and almost dropped my hand when I felt a tugging sensation. I looked at Matt quizzically. 'Do you feel it too?' I asked. 'No, what are you talking about.' He looked genuinely confused so I knew he wasn't lying. I felt someone tugging me away from Matt. 'Matt help! Someone's trying to take me away from you!' At this he pulled me into his arms and he gasped. 'I feel it too.' "Where's that little brat of a kid?" He growled. "You called?" The kid appeared right next to us holding my arm. "Let go of me." I snarled. Shocked he did as I said. Matt swung me around him and stood guard in front of me. "What's  your name?" "My name," the kid said reappearing behind me. "is Kasos." He trailed his finger down my neck and onto my breast. I recoiled and tried to punch him in the face but he caught my hand. "Such beauty being wasted on him. Come with me and I'll show you how to really have fun." He beckoned at me with his finger. It was like I had no control over my body, I started walking to him. 'Help! I can't move! It's like I'm under a spell or something!' Matt grabbed me and pulled me away from him. "Take us home." Matt growled. "Why? I've only just begun with her." "You promised." Kasos pouted. "Yes, I guess I did. Follow me then. You might not want to put her down, I can't control myself around beautiful women." He sighed then walked back towards the rooms. Matt picked me up and I wound my arms around his neck. We followed him down the center tunnel and when we got there I blinked in the sunlight. "Where are we?" Kasos smirked. "This is Ethaelia. This is where you must stop the River if Time from freezing. You won't stay in this part though. You must enter in through Darlington's entrance." I gasped. 'I think I know where that is! I used to live right by a forbidden forest. It's probably in there. We could even stay at one of my friends houses!" I beamed. "Yes that's all fine and dandy but you mustn't tell them why you're there." We both nodded. Kasos waved his hands around and muttered a few words. Matt gasped. "Wait a minuet. You're Kasos the wizard aren't you?" He nodded. "But I thought you were a myth." Kasos smiled wickedly. "We're all myths here. Any fantastical creature you could possibly dream of will be here." Kasos shoed us off. "Kasos, why are the tremors happening though?" I asked. "The wall between the worlds is breaking, that's another reason why you must fix this." I nodded and Matt sprinted back to the entrance still clutching me in his arms. Once we got to the entrance he set me down, still holding tightly to my hand. I was overjoyed to see that Kasos got rid of the rocks for us. We ran back to our houses to begin packing. He kissed my hand when we got to my house. 'You need to get a hold of your friends and ask if we can stay a few nights.' 'I'll tell you what I find out.' I stood on my tip-toes and gave him a kiss. 'See you soon my love.' I smiled and broke away. 'See you soon.' I popped my head inside looking for a clock, and my mom. I found a clock and saw that it was about 8 in the morning. I inwardly sighed in relief. I snuck inside to my room, thankfully, without detection. When I got inside I slipped on another pair of clothes and grabbed my hiking backpack. I began to lay out outfits for our travels. After I had my clothes packed I snatched up my phone and called by best friend Sara. "Hello?" She said in a groggy voice. "Hey, it's me Nicole." I heard her gasp and I couldn't help but smile. "How are you? Is everything okay? Did you meet any cute guys?" "Sara breathe. I'm doing fine, everything is great, and yes I met a cute guy. Before you ask anything else I have a favor to ask." I heard her squeal. "Can we hang at your place for a couple of days? We're on a trip back to here to see my old home one last time." I held the phone from my ear knowing how she would react. "WHAT??!?!? Is this the cute guy you talking about?" I laughed. "Yes, this is the cute guy I was talking about. His name is Matt, and he's totally handsome. The best part is the fact that he's totally in love with me too!" I heard her sigh. "You guys just have to come now! I just have to meet him! When do you think you'll be here?" 'Matt? When do you think we should leave for Darlington?' 'I think either tomorrow or the next day.' 'Kay thanks.' 'no prob.' "We should be leaving here in about one to two days. So maybe we'll be there in a couple of days." She squealed again. "I'll make my mom say yes. See you soon buddy!" "See you soon!" I hung up and clutched the phone to my chest. I walked over to my laptop and looked online for a flight. 'I've already made flight plans, no need to worry. I have a feeling that you'll enjoy it.' I looked out my window to see his face in the window across from it. 'Are you going to tell me?' I asked. 'Nope. It's a surprise.' I glared at him. 'I hate surprises.' He winked. 'We leave tomorrow morning. Please be ready.' 'What time?' I huffed. 'Oh, let me go check.' I saw him leave the window for a minuet then he came right back. 'We leave at 9 in the morning.' I was about to respond when my mother barged into my room. 'Uh-oh.' I cringed. "Where the hell have you been?"