Chapter 9

After Brandon announced that we could get out our electronics I pulled out my iPod and listened to music. After a while I decided to write down what's happened to us. At one point I began humming along to music. "Please turn off your musical devices, we'll be landing soon." He chuckled. I looked over at Matt who was asleep. 'Matt?' I whispered in his mind. 'Hm?' He shifted. 'We're almost there.' He groaned and opened his eyes. "Hey sleppy head." I leaned over and gave him a kiss. I looked out the window as we descended. When we landed Matt went to go get the car. "How long have you two been dating?" Brandon asked leaning on the doorframe. "A couple of months." I lied. Before he could react Matt pulled up in a cream colored truck. "Bye!" I said as I ran around to the passenger side and hopped in. "Let's go! I want you to meet Sara!" Speaking of which... I dug my phone out of my bag and gave her another call. "Hey! Are you here yet?" She said. "Yes, we're here. We actually just left the airport. We should be there in... fifteen, twenty minuets. How exactly did your mom handle a boy coming over and spending a couple nights?" I asked, a little worried. "She said he could sleep in the spare bedroom in the basement. Meanwhile, you get to stay up here with me!" I could practically hear her smiling. "Okay, bye! See you soon!" "See you soon too buddy!" I hung up the phone and glanced over at Matt. "Looks like you have to sleep in the basement." I grinned. "Oh darn! I was hoping to spend the night with you again!" He pouted. Soon we reached Sara's house. When we stopped I hopped out of the car and I rang the doorbell. I noticed that the door was slightly open. She does this sometimes so I walked right in. I walked up to her room, opened the door and screamed. All I saw before I turned away was her bloody corpse beside her bed. I ran to her moms room to tell her the news. Her mom wasn't there so I'm assuming that she was at work. Matts shoes pounded up the stairs to see me slumped against a wall crying. 'What happened?' He knelt down in front of me. All I did was point at her room. He walked over and opened uo the door. He shut it silently and came back to me. 'We need to go. The killer might still be here.' I shook my head and cried harder. He sigher and picked me up. 'We should go ahead to Ethaelia.' He whispered. I nodded and he cradled me closer. He set me in my seat and we drove to the forbidden forest. I climbed out, still numb. I shouldered my bag and waited for Matt to join me. We walked through the woods for what seemed like an eternity before reaching the cave. "Hello." A voice said behind us. I shrieked. "Don't be afraid silly." A girl not much younger than I am popped into view in front of us. "Hi, my name's Kasis." Me and Matt shared a look. "You're not related to Kasos by any chance, are you?" I asked. "Yep. I'm the nicer one though. I'm the opposite of him." I smiled happy to know they were nothing alike. "Oh! You need to go! Follow me." She exclaimed running off. We chased her through a maze if tunnels before coming outside once more. "Follow the trail of stars to find where you must go. Along your way you will find a nice clearing that you must sleep in, you must! Now go! Hurry! You have until the dawn of days." As she spoke those last words she disappeared from sight. I shrugged and we walked off to find the clearing. I looked around this world hidden for so long. Soon we reached a spacious clearing that had some oddly colored rocks surrounding it. I walked over to the rocks and gasped. 'Matt! Come and feel the rocks.'  He came over and gasped that they were warm, it almost felt like it was breathing. He said in amazement. I yawns and nodded. 'We should set up camp. We can sleep against the rocks for warmth.' He nodded and he built a steady fire as an extra means of protection. Soon camp was set up and I lay out my sleeping bag. 'Night.' 'Night.' I curled up and went to bed. I woke the next morning to no more fire. Matt had fallen asleep beside me. I got up and stretched. While I was walking around, stretching my legs, I noticed that the rocks were actually scales. I followed the scales until a reached a huge head. The creature looked at me with its huge amber eyes, a few shades lighter than its scales. 'Hello. Did you sleep well?' It looked at me questioningly. 'Yes I did, thank you. What are you?' 'I'm a dragon. Don't worry though! I'm a friendly dragon.' I sat down in front of it. 'What's your name? Can you talk to everyone this way?' The dragon chuckled, shaking the ground beneath us. 'My name is Lisarra. No, I can't speak to everyone this way. You are very special, it seems we have linked.' Before I could respond Matt came over and stopped dead in his tracks. 'Nicole, back away from that thing.' He motioned for me to come to him. I looked and Lisarra and rolled my eyes. 'Matt, it's okay. This is Lisarra, she's my friend. She was about to explain to me what being linked means.' I shot him a look, warning him. He held up his hands in mock surrender. 'I'll go pack up camp.' He came over and gave me a soft kiss. 'Kay. Now go!' I shoed him off with my hands. He walked away chuckling. 'Is he your boyfriend?' She asked, tilting her head. 'Yes.' 'He does care for you, He's just overprotective.' She assured me. 'What did you mean, we're linked?' 'Oh, yeah. We somehow have a link so we can talk like you and Matt do. He can't hear me but I can hear him.' She winked. I blushed hoping she heard nothing she shouldn't have. 'Don't worry I've been trained to not listen in on others thoughts.' I smiled. 'I should go help.' She gave me what I thought was a smile. I walked over to see what Matt was up to. He was examining some oddly shaped things. 'DON'T TOUCH THOSE!' A voice screamed in my head. I screamed as darkness enveloped me.

Sorry this chapter was so long. I hope you like Lisarra! Please comment and vote!