Chapter 4

I opened the door just a crack to see if I could here our parents. "Where are they? They should have been back an hour ago!" My mom said, her voice shrill. "You know they'll be in the cave. It's their destiny." Matt's dad replied. "When were you going to tell us?" Matt demanded pulling me through the door with him. "Mom, you knew?" I said, hurt. "We were going to tell you, just when the time was right." My mom tried to reassure us. "You should know then that time is running out then. The less you tell us the more danger you put us in. Just today Nicole was caved in by rocks." My mom gasped and tried to run to my side but my glare stopped her. "I luckily got out thanks to Matt here." I moved closer to him and he wound his arm around my waist. "When she was trapped, I called 911. When they came they asked us to recreate what happened when we made the light shine, they recommended us to you dad." He gave him and icy glare. "Why don't you show me? Maybe I can help you more that way." Me and Matt shared a look and nodded. "Let's go." "Chrystal, you should stay here." Matt's dad patted her reassuringly on the arm. Me and Matt walked perfectly in sync to the cave with Jack trailing behind us. We showed him what we showed the others. 'This is really getting old.' I thought. 'I know right!' I heard Matt. I gasped and dropped my hand and stepped away. 'How can you hear my thoughts?' 'I don't know I haven't been able to except for today.' "What happened?" Jack asked. 'Should we tell him?' 'I don't think we have much of a choice here.' "We can talk to each other without speaking now." I ran my hand through my hair. "Can you read each others mind or can you only hear what you send to each other? Oh! I have an idea. Nicole, you think of a more privet thought and Matt you do the same. I thought of how I felt today spending it with Matt. I searched out his mind and found the same thought but reversed. I also saw how scared he was when the rocks caved me in. 'Do you really like me like that?' He thought. 'Yes. I didn't realize you were that scared for me when I was under the rocks.' 'Of course I was. I really do care for you.' I walked over to him and gave him a kiss. 'I really care for you too.' "I take it that it worked." Jack grumbled. I broke away and blushed furiously. "Oh! Jack can you help us move the rocks so I can see what was inside the glowing rock?" He nodded. "I have a theory though. Nicole, you go to the far side and put your hand on the pile of rocks. Matt, you do the same but on this side." We did as we were told. I searched for Matt's hand and matched it up accordingly. Suddenly there was a blinding flash of light and a tremor. I stumbled forwards only to be caught by Matt. I looked around and we were still in the cave, but it was darker. I saw the glowing rock and knelt down in front of it  I found an oddly shaped object next to it. I put it in my pocket and lifted up the rock. I found the button again and pressed it. There was an opening at the bottom of the rock. I felt inside it incase there was something else. There wasn't something in there, but I felt an inscription. 'Matt, do you have a flashlight?' I thought. 'Yeah, here you go.' I turned the rock over so that I could see inside and shined in the flashlight. It read, 'Find the tallest clouds and take a leap of faith.' I sighed. "Jack? Do you have a piece of paper and a pen I can borrow do you?" I looked for him. 'Where did he go?' "Jack?" I called out. I walked around the spot where we were. Matt ran outside to see if he got transported outside. 'Nicole, you should come and see this.' He thought. I ran over to find out what it was. The amount of rocks that caved me in was enough to fill the entrance of the cave. "It can't be that thick, can it?" I asked. "I really don't know. Maybe we could do a little test. You don't have to if you don't want to. You could climb up to the top and try to pick of some of the rocks and see how thick it is. I promise that I'll catch you if you fall." I looked up at the huge wall of stones and took a deep breath. "I'll do it. You better catch me though." I started to climb up the rocks. When I reached the top I started picking at the rocks. One toppled over the side. 'Watch out!' I warned him. As I shifted my body my foot came out from under me. "Matt!" I screamed as I felt my body tilt backwards. I tried to find a good handhold but I fell before I could hold onto one. 'Help!' I thought. I screamed as I plummeted to the ground.

Yay! More cliffhangers! You know you love them. ;)