[Chapter Four]

[Chapter Four]

”Shuichi Minamino is perfect.”

“I wish he liked me.”

“I’d do anything to be with him.”

You ran a hand through your [hair color] locks as the girls conversation flittered through your mind once more. Ever since lunch, it’s been haunting you. You hadn’t even fathomed that Shuichi would be the heartthrob of the school. But of course he was; you were attracted to him so why wouldn’t girls his age be attracted to him?

You sat at your desk, ignoring your work. Shuichi had asked a teacher to tell you that he wouldn’t be able to make it today and that really damped your spirits. You wanted to see him; to have him look at you like you were the only person that mattered; to reassure you that those other girls were mindless buffoons. Shuichi needed an older woman; someone with experience, maturity, and wisdom. None of those high school girls had any of that. You on the other hand…

“This is ridiculous,” you growled out as you stared at your lesson plan for tomorrow.
You weren’t reading any of the words, but your eyes were scanning the lines anyway. You wanted to look productive even if you weren’t.

“Miss [Last Name], are you busy?”

You glanced up to see a male slightly shorter than Shuichi. His short, black hair was untamed and he stared at you with passionate blue eyes. He was a student of yours and he never was discreet when talking about you in a sexual way. A senior of Meiou Academy, he made it no secret that you were “one hot babe that he’d like to hit.” You ignored the disrespectful talks and went on with your life.

“No not at all. What do you need, Jiro?”

He smiled what he probably thought was a sexy smile at you as he walked further into the room. “I forgot to write down the homework. Could you tell it to me?”

“Certainly,” you said as you looked through your day planner. “Pages one hundred to one twenty out of your textbook and answer questions one through five and ten through fifteen. Got that?”

“Sure thing,” he said as he scribbled down the assignment. He placed his agenda book back in his backpack before giving you another “alluring” smile. That only made you miss Shuichi more. “You looked like you were zoning out when I first arrived.”

“I did,” you questioned, deciding you’d humor the poor kid.

“Yeah. It was like you were looking at the paper but not really reading it.”

“I guess my mind must be on something else.”

“Plans for this weekend?”

“Excuse me,” you nearly blanched.

He chuckled. “Were you thinking about your plans for this weekend?”

“Oh….no I wasn’t. I was thinking about work.”

“Are you still swamped with it? I heard you were having a little trouble and needed some extra assistance.”

“Yes that’s true and someone’s already volunteered.”

“Oh? Do I know the person?”

“I don’t know. Shuichi Minamino? He’s in the same year as you.”
“Yeah, I know him. Do you have him as a student?”

“No. He needed the community hours, so he volunteered.”

“Oh. So you doing anything special this weekend?”

“No, Jiro,” you laughed out. “Are you?”

“Not sure yet. I might go to this party, but I don’t know. It’ll probably be lame with all those high school kids.”