[Chapter Three]

Just as he promised, Shuichi came on the third day. You glanced up and smiled at the approaching redhead.

“Hello Shuichi. How are you today?”

“I’m doing well. And yourself?”

“Never been better. So-”

“[Name], did you ever fill out that report,” one of your male coworkers questioned as he leaned into the room.

“Yes! I did. Um… I’ll put it your mailbox before I leave, okay?”

“Sure thing,” he said as he smiled and left.

“Great. Now I have to find that damn report.”

Shuichi chuckled. “Would you like some help?”

“Sure. You go through my desk while I search through my bag and briefcase. It’ll have the word survey written on top,” you said as you wheeled your chair over to your stuff.

Shuichi silently walked to the front of your desk and opened the top drawer. After a few moments, he found nothing and moved onto the other one. Meanwhile, you were rummaging through your bag but didn’t find anything. Growling at your misfortune, you snapped open your briefcase and started searching through there.

“Found it,” you declared as you whirled around to see Shuichi leaning against the desk with a small pile of paper in his hand.

You got up from the chair and walked over to him, curious as to what he had in his hands. “Shuichi?”

“Did you write this,” he inquired; his bright green eyes large and curious.

You glanced down at the printed paper and blushed as you realized it was your story he was reading. “Uh yes, I did.”

He smiled, turning his gaze back to the page. “I like it; you’re a very good writer, Miss [Last Name].”

You laughed nervously as you tossed your hand lazily in the air. “Oh you’re just saying that to be nice. Anyway, I’ll be taking that now.”

“No I wasn’t,” Shuichi proclaimed as he dodged your hand.

“It doesn’t matter Shuichi. Will you give me back my story?”

“I want to finish reading it.”

“Shuichi,” you whined. “But is so bad!”

“Why?”

“Because I’m twenty-six years old writing about demons, angels, and science fiction. I feel like such a kid,” you mumbled. “Now will you give me my story back?”

“Miss [Last Name], you shouldn’t feel ashamed about writing your stories. Many grown people enjoy reading about demons, angels, and science fiction. Someone has to supply them their wants.”

You gave him a pointed look as you extended your hand. However, the little devil didn’t budge as he kept the story hidden behind his back. Impatiently, you began tapping your foot against the tile floor as you regarded him with an unpleasant look.

“Shuichi Minamino, give me back my story now.”

“Don’t be that way, Miss [Last Name]. I assure you I won’t mock you.”

“Shuichi, I’m starting to get upset.”

He couldn’t help himself; a sly smile crept its way across his lips. “I just want to read it. You’ve intrigued me with the first paragraph.”

“I’m embarrassed, though. Can’t you just act like you never saw it?”

“Miss [Last Name], there is nothing to be embarrassed about. From what I’ve gathered, you write pretty well. Why don’t you want me to read it?”