31. Unintentional Turn-Ons

COLE

You’re going out tonight and Cole is currently sitting on the floor of your room, scrolling through Instagram and helping you pick out something to wear. You shuffle through your closet quickly, searching for something, anything eye-catching. And then you see that little red dress, the one you’d almost forgotten about. You wore over a year ago, when you were a bit younger and smaller. You take it with you to the bathroom and slide into it. It’s definitely more snug than it was then, but you fill it out much better now. You walk back out to your room and ask Cole, “Does this look okay?” He looks up lazily, but then his eyes pop and he clears his throat, shifting his legs. “Um, yeah, it looks nice…” You furrow your brow in confusion when you notice how red his face is getting, “Cole?” He jumps up, “I’ll be right back!” and runs to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. It takes you a moment, but then, “Ohhhh…” and you smirk a bit to yourself, “I guess it’s settled, then.”

DALTON

You sit at the foot of Dalton’s bed, at his house, scribbling aimlessly in one of your notebooks, even though you should be studying. He’s sitting at the head, trying to figure out some lyrics for a new song. You look over at his concentrated expression and bite your lip, desperately wanting to tell him everything. But you can’t. So, instead, you settle for doodling his name in loopy script and drawing goofy hearts all over the blank pages of your notebook. You begin to absentmindedly twirl your pen around your fingers, but drop it on the floor when you start daydreaming about Dalton all over again. He doesn’t notice a thing and you mentally kick yourself for that moment of weakness. You bend down to it pick up, your oversized shirt falling down. You reach to hold it up and cover yourself, but Dalton’s already seen. When you finally grab your pen and sit back up on the bed, you look over at Dalton, both of you red-faced. He shifts uncomfortably and you trace his gaze to see him staring at your open notebook.

DANA

 “Come on, Babe, don’t be a Scrooge!” Dana calls from the Jacuzzi. You groan, “I’m not being a Scrooge! I just don’t wanna come in!” When Dana first suggested going into the hot tub, it sounded like a great idea, but now that you’re in your bikini and you’re outside at eleven PM, it doesn’t seem so great anymore. “But you’re already dressed and everything and it’s cold out, but it’s warm in here!” he yells. You huff, “Fine.” You drop your robe and begin walking over to where he is, arms crossed over yourself in discomfort. You walk closer and feel your face growing redder as his eyes grow wider. Once you’ve stepped in and seated yourself beside him, you notice how red his face has gone, and not from the heat. You blush even deeper at the thought. “Um,” you start, looking over at him, embarrassed. He avoids eye contact with you and turns on the jets, but it only adds to the growing awkwardness. “Maybe we should…” your voice trails off, but he finishes for you, “go back inside?”

GABE

It’s hot, really hot for December. You and Gabe are lying on the lawn in the backyard of your house. You close your eyes and let the sunlight kiss your eyelids, the way that Gabe does, gently and with love. It’s been a long week for Gabe and his stress has affected you as well. And slowly, all the tension is floating away and you find yourself drifting off to sleep. After a few minutes, Gabe glances over to see your head resting on his shoulder and your loose fitting tank top slipping off your shoulder. He blushes, feeling as if he shouldn’t be seeing this. He gently shakes your shoulder, trying to wake you. Your eyelids flutter open and you prop yourself up on your forearms, rubbing your eyes. “What?” you ask groggily. Gabe clears his throat and motions towards your chest. You get defensive, “What?!” Then you look down and see how far your tank top has slipped down. “Oh,” you mumble, blushing and trying to cover up. Gabe squirms before sitting up, turning his back to you.

WILL

Will had let you stay overnight at his house after a major fight with your parents that resulted in you storming from your own home. You sit up in his bed, wearing one of his tee shirts as pajamas. You rub your eyes, “Thanks for letting me spend the night, Will,” your morning voice is raspy and groggy sounding, laced with weariness. He looks up and smiles, “You’re welcome. I mean, I couldn’t just leave you on your own,” he shrugs. You smile in response, slipping out of his bed. You rub your eyes again and yawn stretching your arms up. Your shirt rises up a bit with your arms, and while you don’t notice, Will definitely does. Upon seeing his wide-eyed expression, you look down and realize that you’re wearing nothing but your own underwear and his not so long tee shirt. You blush and pull the shirt down, desperately trying to cover your legs. Will quickly looks away and clears his throat. “Um, sorry,” he mumbles, turning his back to you as you scramble for something to help cover up.