17. Comforting You - "Don't think about it"

This one is kind of sad, in case you're not into that.

COLE

…he rubs your back gently when he says it. You’re both lying on your bed at your house. Your back is to him as you clutch a pillow to muffle your sobs. “It doesn’t matter anyway,” he adds, still caressing your back, “Don’t listen to them, they don’t matter. Don’t waste your time.” You just keep crying, squeezing the pillow tighter. “Hey,” he says, “look at me. I-I mean it. Really.”

DALTON

…he whispers it, just letting you cry into his chest as he holds you around your waist. You’re crying like no tomorrow and you never thought it was possible to hurt this much. You wrap your arms around him and hold on for dear life. You don’t sob or make any sounds, the tears just stream silently down your face, soaking his shirt as he says, “I’m always here for you.”

DANA

…he squeezes your arm when he says it, trying to keep a calm façade, but struggling. It hurts him to see you hurting and sometimes he can’t hide it. But he wants to look strong for you, give you something to lean on, something that won’t fail. “It’s okay,” he murmurs, “I’m here, I’m here,” his fingers slip down your arm and he gives your hand a loving squeeze.

GABE

…he squeezes you tight, whispering it against your hair and squeezing his own eyes shut. He’s trying to keep it all out, all the pain and all those hurtful words that they threw at you. “Shhh…” he soothes, trying to calm you, “Shhh, it’s alright, you’re alright, we’re alright.” He tightens his arms around you, “It’s alright,” he repeats, “you don’t have to cry,” his voice cracks and he holds you tighter.

WILL

…he massages your shoulders when he says it, letting you lean back on him. You try not to cry, you hate crying, but the tears fall anyway. You don’t say anything, but you don’t have to. He engulfs you in a tight hug, letting you lean on him and let it all out, all your pain, insecurities, frustrations, all of it. He runs his fingers through your hair, not saying a word, but he doesn’t have to.