18. Playing in the Snow

COLE

Cole gawks by the window, mesmerized by the snow. He’s never seen snow before and he’s mesmerized. “Do you want to go outside?” You ask. His speechless smile is answer enough. Once outside, you dump a shove of snow down the back of his jacket and he screeches from the sudden cold. “You wanna play like that, huh?” He grins, grabbing you around the waist and tackling you to the ground.

DALTON

Dalton scoops up a bunch of snow and clumsily chucks it at you, hoping for the best and laughing at your reaction when it all hits you in the face. “Oh, you are so gonna get it!” You scream. He just raises his eyebrows and gives you a cheeky smile, “Oh, am I?” You blush and lob a snowball at him, getting him squarely in the face. He scowls and you laugh, running from his revenge.

DANA

“MISSED!” You yell, sticking your tongue out at Dana in the midst of a very heated snowball fight. “Oh, yeah?” He yells back, throwing another, but you duck and it flies right over your head. “Yeah!” You laugh, forming a snowball in your gloved hands, and throwing it at him, but missing horribly. “Hmph,” you pout as he grins at you and yells, “HAHA, MISSED ME!”

GABE

The two of you lie on your backs, watching the snow fall on top of you, slowly immersing everything in a thin layer of white. He turns his head to look at you and smiles, “Snow angels?” You grin in reply, “Yes.” And the two of you are immediately waving your arms and legs, making delirious snow angels at two in the morning. When you’re both finished and tired, he takes your hand in his and squeezes it.

WILL

“Hey! That was for the nose!” You put your hands on your hips when you see Will eating the carrot that you had planned on using for your snowman. “Oh,” he looks at you, at the noseless snowman, and back at you, “sorry.” You huff, but can’t help from grinning at him, the way the snow has peppered his hair with white or the redness of the tip of his nose from the cold.