Chapter Fourteen: escaping it all

Last night was never supposed to happen but it did, Today I moved out of my Dad's place and back in with Mom, it wasn't a  big move, just across the bridge to New Jersey, I would still attend NYU and things would still remain the same. I had already packed so all that was left to do was wait on my Mom to arrive, I was anxious because I was excited to get back home, I needed my family environment back.

    My Mom didn't want me to lift anything so my Dad and his poor back did the lifting, I laughed watching him for a minute, When he was done I hugged him amd promised I would come back and visit him on some days after school. The ride to my Mom's place was a little long but it was filled with laughter and jokes. When I got settled in that night my phone rang, it was Camron, When I answered his voice came blaring into my ear "Where are you?, What happened? Are you mad? Is it me?" I sighed before I answered, "I'm home, why you wanna know? Yea I'm mad, mad at you, but mostly at myself, Yea it's you, well some of it, not all of it is you..." He was quiet after my response and then he finally spoke "Chanel it was never my intent to hurt you, lastnight happpened and I'm sorry, can you atleast allow me to be there?" I sniffled about to start crying saying "No, it's about the baby, it'll never be about us now..." I hung up and laid down.

    A week passed since that short conversation with Camron, today I find out the sex of the baby. My Mom of course is coming along, it feels good to have her support system, She drove me acros the bridge to my doctor's office, it was almost a hour before my name was called, I went back and talked to the doctor about how I was feeling and I got weighed and had blood drawn. After about twenty minutes I got my ultrasound done. I could hear the baby's heartbeat, it was the sweetest sound I'd ever heard, I smiled After taking a few pictures of the baby the technician paused and looked at me saying "I see two heads and two heart beats are showing up" I looked at my Mom and the next thing I knew everything went black. I fainted. 

    It was hours before I woke up I was in a hospital bed with IVs in my arms and someone holding my hand, it was my Mom. I sat up yawning saying "Momma what happened?" My Mom laughed saying "you fainted when you found out you're having twins, They're a boy and a girl," I let go of her hand as I noticed Camron in the room, I sighed mumbling "I have royally screwed myself."