Chapter 19: I Love You

Weeks had passed since I was notified of Camron's disappearance, I was sure he was long gone My pregnancy was going very well I could feel their every little move, I loved it, Jermaine and I had gotten closer than ever. I was cautious of him even though it felt right, it had felt right with Cam too, but look what he did to me... 

   I woke up in a very peaceful state, I spent the night with Jermaine, his house was so cozy, as I rolled over it was a sweet smell that filled my nostrils. Roses. I smiled sitting up picking up the bouquet of red roses, between some stems was a card which read,:

"Good morning beautiful, I want to take you out today and we need to talk, so go get ready and come down stairs for breakfast... Jermaine."

 It made me blush reading it I put the flowers in water by the bed and carried  myself in the shower, I hadn't looked in a mirror since the incident, I still had stitches in my face, Jermaine never made me feel ugly, no matter how bad it might be. This was the most peace I had felt in a long time, I felt like I had nothing in the world to worry about.

  After my long, relaxing shower I made my way down the steps, Since I started showing I felt like I slowed down, I walked slower than I used to, I couldn't wait to have them. 

  On my way to the kitchen I was thinking, I wondered what Jermaine wanted from me, he never came onto me before, he never hurt me, I wanted to know his true intentions in my life. He made me happy even in my worst of times. When I look a mess in sweats and a basketball jersey and mix matched socks on and my hair a mess in a bun in the middle of my head, he still will hug me and want to be around me, that meant something to me.

   The smell of breakfast pulled me out of my thoughts as I looked up I was met with a smile, Jermaine, he was always so loving and happy, he only wanted to make me happy, I loved that about  him. I hugged him as I got closer.

  "Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful,"  I said as he embraced me tightly suddenly remembering I had two little people inside of me, he let me breathe a little letting me go. 

  "Sit down and let me fix you a plate and a cup of Orange Juice."  Jermaine replied, a huge smile on his face.

  I nodded and sat down waiting, After breakfast was done we headed out, With the weather being as beautiful as it is, we took a walk through a big park.

  " I been thinking Chanel, I've known you for a little while and I've seen what you've been through and I only want to be here, if you let me..." 

   There was a long pause before I responded, I sighed quietly and started, " I'm gonna just be honest... I like you, a lot, but I don't know, I can't take being hurt anymore, I have babies on the way, I want to know what you want from me... I want to know you aren't here with ill intentions..."  

  Before I could continue I started crying, I was full of so many emotions, we stopped walking and Jermaine took me in his arms hugging me and rubbing my back whispering,

  "It's okay Chanel, I'm not here to hurt you, I only want to love you if you allow me to, I want to be around for the babies, I'll take them like they are my blood, they mindswell be... I'm not going anywhere, just trust in me, I'm not gonna let you down, I'm not him."

  I hugged him tighter as he continued, "I love you," He said. I knew it was sincere and ginuine, he moved closer and kissed me, It made my heart beat faster, he held my face in his hands and kissed me again,I winced because of my stictches but I kissed him back each time he kissed me, "You have nothing to worry about, only making sure OUR  babies are alright, let me do the rest for a change." 

  From that moment on I put every ounce of trust I had in him, I trusted him with my everything, After a few moments we continued walking, this was a day I was sure to never forget, I could only look forward to the rest of the day and night.

  "You know I'm not giving it up to you tonight right?" I said with a seriousness about me that made Jermaine laugh, "Yes 'nelly I know, I'm not expecting it, lets take our time, just know I'm yours," He smiled and winked at me, his deep dimples showing I smiled knowing things were going to work out fine.