Chapter 14: The Good And The Bad

Amie: I am so freaking mad at Taylor! She’s supposed to be my friend, not my brother’s girlfriend! These were the thoughts that continued to run through my head as my parents got ready to have everyone over. The Payne’s were home for once and so my parent’s really wanted to get everyone together. My plan was simply to drop the gloves and go at it. I heard as the Malik’s showed up.

“Hey!” Niki said, appearing in my doorway.

“Hey,” I said, pretty curtly as the fact I was still mad.

“Jeeze, what did I do to you?” Niki asked, walking over and plopping onto my bed.

“Nothing,” I said, “I’m just mad at Taylor.”

“Oh,” Niki said, “You realize those two have liked each other for, like, years?”

“Yeah,” I said, “But we’ve been friends longer.”

“That seems unfair,” Niki said.

“It’s unfair that she’s dating my brother,” I snapped. I heard the door to the house open again.

Taylor: We walked into the Tomlinson house. Leo stood at the top of the stairs. I felt my cheeks get hot just looking at him. He smiled.

“Hey,” I said, walking toward him.

“Hey,” he said. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. I blushed, knowing our parents were watching.

“Nice to see you,” he said, still smiling.

“Nice to see you,” I countered. He laughed a little.

“I should go talk to your sister,” I said, pulling away a little.

“Oh yeah, her,” he said, letting go of me. I snuck past him, then into Amie’s room.

“Hey,” I said, peeking my head in.

“Hey!” Niki said, with her normal amount of enthusiasm. Amie, on the other hand, sat quiet.

“Hey Amie,” I said, trying again. She still sat quiet, glaring at me through narrow, icy blue eyes. “Listen, I know you’re mad at me,” I said, “But I really want to talk to you. I mean, I thought we were friends.”

“I thought so too. But friends don’t date friend’s brothers,” Amie said.

“Come on Amie, this has nothing to do with you-” Amie cut me off.

“No,” she said, “That’s where you’re wrong, it has everything to do with me!”

“How?” I asked, anger rising.

“He’s my brother. And we were best friends!” Amie snapped.

“And we still are best friends. I just happen to be dating your brother,” I said.

“And what happens after that. Those awkward times when you come over and he leaves because its too awkward?” Amie asked.

“Then that’s how it goes,” I said, “So what? Why would you care?”

“Because he’s my brother!” Amie was almost shouting now, “And I don’t want you to break his heart!”

“And that is totally my plan Amie!” I said sarcastically.

“But it happens!” she said, “And also, you didn’t even what I would think before you just did it.”

“Somethings just happen!” I snapped.

“Not saying yes to a date, or saying yes you’ll be his girlfriend, or kissing him,” Amie said.

“The kissing did just happen,” I snapped.

“Sure,” Amie said.

“Ask your brother!” I said defensively.

“But the rest did happen without any asking as to what I thought!” Amie was nearly screaming.

“Why should it matter?” I asked.

“Because I’m your best friend!” Amie said.

“Um, hi,” Darcy said, stepping into the room.

“Hey Darce,” I said, “Maybe you can try talking some sense into Amie. Because I apparently can’t,” I said. Then I stormed out of Amie’s room and down to Leo’s.

Louis: We sat on the couch, chatting. “So Liam, what do you think of the new relationship?” I asked.

“I have to say I was a little taken by surprise when she said she was dating Leo,” Liam said, shrugging.

“I’m just a little bummed it wasn’t later,” Sarah said, “I mean no one really lasts forever when they are 16.”

I almost protested, but then again, we didn’t think we would make the summer. So I decided against it. But I watched as Zayn and Jess shared a glance, a little smirk.

“Shut up you two,” Liam said.

“You think?” I said, excitedly at the exact same time as Liam spoke. Jess snorted.

“No offense Tomer,” Liam said, “But I really don’t want my daughter finding ‘the one’ when she is sixteen. Or really dating but I think that’s a little unfair.”

“I just think it would be nice if he ended up with her,” I said, “I’ve seen too many stereotypical cheerleaders and popular chicks stroll through that door. If she were the one then I know she likes him for him. They are both into sports and being active and I know I would like my in-laws,” I said. Liam chuckled at that.

“It would be nice,” Sarah said, “And did you see the two of them when they saw each other today?” She had those eyes she got when she was being a hopeless romantic.

“It was pretty sweet,” Jess said.

“Its like a movie,” Maggie said, “Boy falls for girl across the street who happens to be his sisters best friend. But love will conquer all.” Jess snorted at that too.

“I just don’t want to know anything about that,” Sarah said.

“Nor do I,” Hanna said.

Amie: We sat down for dinner. Taylor sat across from Leo. She looked down at me in sorrow, but then smiled a truly happy smile at Leo. They talked in a quiet volume, laughing. They really did look good together.

You know in movies where the person sees something and has a total change of heart. Well that was what happened. I couldn’t stand between those two. That would be terrible. So I didn’t. I wouldn’t. I couldn’t.