Chapter 8

Mate of the Siren

Chapter 8

(Orana's POV)

Why?

Why?

Why me?

I bang my head against the top of the wooden desk I was sitting at currently.

A soft martial was slid underneath my head before I banged it again.

A growl rose in my chest as I stopped banging my head and sat up straight.

The marital which was a jacket had a specific scent on it that had become familiar to my heightened senses.

"Jack." I growled out his name under my brethe.

"Yes, my sweet?" he answers his back stright and his head tilted to the side with a smirk on his faintly pink lips.

"I'm going to kill you if you do not stop stalking me." I told him in a thick deadly tone.

His hands flies up to cover his heart as he fiends hurt.

"That hurts, Ora, really it does." he says tring to keep a smile off his face. "Honestly I'm tring to be a good friend yet all you do is torture me with your harsh words and threats."

"Don't call me that! And your not my friend." I tell him sternly before grabbing and throwing his jacket at him.

He laughs and the late bell rings for first period.

He turns around to face the teacher.

I zone out as I stare out the window wishing that I wasn't sitting here in this place.

Jack saw me zoned out and bumped my foot with his.

I bumped his back only harder.

Jack considered himself my friend, though I kept denying it I was secretly happy to have a friend in this place.

He had a ton of nicknames for me.

Ora, my sweet, Ana, Rana, wolf girl, he got all of these ones just from my name and catching me sketching my wolf.

Though he's my friend he doesn't know about what I can do.

What I am.

No one does.

Only Nassir knows, he was the only one I ever told.

I still went swimming daily in the sea and running in the forest as my wolf to get there and to my house.

We loved to run though she tried to keep me away from the sea sometimes, she enjoyed the extra power as she thought of it.

But for me it was a gift and a curse.

A gift considering Werewolves can't swim but a curse because Sirens can cause an innocent man's death by singing if we sang the right melody for a certain song.

The bell rings for next period making me blink my eyes to get rid of the haze that had been building over my vision.

It has only been three weeks since Jack and I have become friends, and 2 years and three weeks since Nassir, Nadira, and Kemble had moved away for pack business.

I walk out of the class room with Jack behind me, I still didn't understand why he wanted to be my friend only the God knows what's up with that boy.

Once to my locker I switch my art folder for my text books for the next two periods and I head to Jack's locker with him.

"So what's up with ya? You have been really out of it all morning so far." Jack tells me as he opens his locker and gets his books.

My eyes snap up to his, my mouth getting ready to form the words for my answer but before I could a throat clearing stopped me.

I look behind me to see the one and only another person that is my friend.

Blake Jones, Kemble's human cousin.

His raven black hair and brown eyes with grey flecks in them stared down at me from his all of '6,11' height.

His muscular body making him look intimidating in a way though the dark skin and smile on his lips making him look like a big version of a teddy bear.

A smile spread about on my lips as I jumped at him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Where you been, Teddybär?" I asked him while hugging him and using his nickname I gave him when we became friends last year, Teddy bear in German.

He chuckles and hugs me as tight as a human could and replies in German, "Nichts dagegen, wo ich war."

Shaking my head I step away from him and point a finger at him.

"You should know better than to try to keep things from me, I was very worried about you." I frown and lean my back against the lockers as I look up at the ceiling.

He frowns too and looks away to Jack.

"Ah, I see the Welpen hasn't learned to leave the Wolf-Mädchen alone yet." he states as his lips tug into a smile again.

He was using the nickname he gave Jack and one of the nicknames Jack had given me.

Laughing I smile and punch Jack in the arm as he just stares at us.

"Nope, he's still holding on like the good friend he is." Jack replies as he starts heading to our next class.

I wave goodbye to Blake before following Jack to class and just barely making it before the bell rang.

It was nice to have Blake back, he was a really great friend to have, always there to keep me balanced when I was about to break.

I wonder when he'll leave again or if this time he'll stay.

He never stays long though because of his parents, they always expect to much out of him so he leaves for a few days sometimes weeks.

I wish he didn't leave, that his parents were less expectant so he wouldn't leave all the time.

Though I know I could make it happen just with a note from a song, I couldn't.

Dang my conscious.