Chapter 3

Mate of the Siren

Chapter 3

Once we were all at my house, I ran to my room and locked the door.

And freaked out majorly.

Sitting on my bed, which was sea color like the rest of my room, was a creature that looked somewhat human but wasn't at all.

The creature was about six inches tall with pale blue long hair, bright blue eyes, and very light green skin.

Her wrists and ankles had scales of the colors, blue, orange, and purple.

Her ears were long, purple, and webbed like her feet and hands.

I stared at her for what felt like ages before even thinking about screaming.

Before I could though a scent penetrated my nose.

Pine needles and maple leaves.

Nassir's scent.

My eyes close of their own accord and I smile before remembering that there is a creature I have never seen before in my room, sitting on my bed.

My smile drops and I hurry over to the creature and tell her to hide herself.

Right in front of my eyes she disappears leaving me crouched on the floor and looking at the spot she was before.

A knock comes from my door.

I jump up and walk to the door.

Opening it I take a calming big breath.

Nassir stands in front of me, his hands on either side of the doorway, leaning inside my room.

My eyes roam his body stopping only slightly at the sight of his muscled arms until they stop at his eyes.

They show only concern as they stare into mine.

Before I can speak he walks into my room, past me, and sits on the bed.

Right where the creature was before.

A small shriek comes from my lips as I stare at him.

He eyes snap to me looking me up and down tring to figure out why I shrieked.

I clamp a hand over my mouth and look all around with my eyes, searching for a sign that she wasn't in that spot.

Finally after almost searching half the room I find a hint by my dresser.

Bright blue eyes.

A sigh escapes through my fingers as I slowly unclamp my mouth.

Knowing that she didn't get smooshed I go over and sit next to Nassir on my bed.

"I'm okay. I just wanted to figure out everything that has happened today." I tell him knowing that's what he came in here for. "How are you holding up?"

He shrugs before smiling, which means that he is fine.

See, ever since Nassir was born he hasn't spoken at all.

There's nothing wrong with him it's just that he won't talk.

No one knows why he won't, though I have a feeling that when he does it will be of something great.

Nodding to myself I stare at my feet.

As I'm staring at them the creature comes out.

She floats out from behind my stuffed animal on my dresser, and looks at me then Nassir before speaking.

We have been through so much today that we don't even gasp at the sight of her just look at each other and thinking the same thing, why us?

"Miss Forks and Mister Williams I believe, I have come to be your guide and tell you of your history and heritage Miss Forks." her voice soft and melodic like music is coming from her lips instead of words. "Mister Williams is your friend I assume, am I right?"

Nassir nods and watches the tiny creature with care.

"My name is Sagara. You are my new students and I will be teaching you everything I know, only I will be teaching you separately."

My eye widen as I hear what she tells us.

"Wh-what do you mean teach us? What are you? How do you know who we are? Why separately?" I stare her down wanting answers this second.

"Forgive me for not informing you." she clears her throat and looks at the both of us. "I am a water sprite. I teach the new sirens and other water creatures about their nature, what their history is, how they became what they are today. And most importantly, what they will become in this world."

Her eyes stare at mine and then she floats over to Nassir.

"Ever since you jumped into the sea to find Miss Forks, you have been appointed her protector, her secret carrier, her life line to her past life. You are going to be so much more important in this world and the world in the water, then you may think." she tells him with kindness and watches his eyes.

She then floats to me and caress my cheek with her tiny hand.

"Be tough and hold on tight to him, because you will never have what you had before today. He will be your only tie to your past, present, and the future."

She looks into my eyes while saying this before disappearing again in front of my eyes.

The window bangs open and I quickly run to it to shut it.

But I don't for some odd reason.

I just watch the sea that is only a mile away from my house.

Nassir comes up behind me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

My hand instantly goes on his and smiles.

At least I'm not alone.

I turn to him and walk him out of my room, he turns to me and nods, meaning good night.

"Night." I say and shut the door as he walks towards the stairs..

I switch off the light before jumping into my bed and falling into a nice comfortable sleep.

And dream of the sea.