Chapter Seventeen This Is Not Goodbye

A/N You've made it to the end of this story! It's been a great time writing this and I hope y'all had just as much fun reading it. I will start a new story soon, and that is a promise :)

~Sofaloofa

Congrats, you found all the spells. I bet you were pretty surprised when you found out this wasn't a spell, huh? Anyway, there's something very important I have to say.

These spells can't be destroyed. Believe me, I've tried. You just have to find someone else willing to hide them.

I wish you the best of luck.

Dean snatched the paper from your hands after you had finished reading it, going over it once, twice, three times. You looked up at Sam, who had taken all the spells out and was looking over them.

"What now?" You asked, to no one in particular.

"We take them. We got a pretty good place to hide them," Sam said, stuffing them in his pocket once more. Dean nodded, handing the note back to you. You took it, gulping audibly. Sam noticed and raised an eyebrow in your direction, as if to ask what was wrong. 

"I-I just... you know what never mind... it's fine..." Your voice trailed off, and you averted your eyes. "I guess this is goodbye..." Sam's eyes softened and he glanced in Dean's direction, who seemed to get the message and left the room. Sam then took you into a tight embrace, leaning down and giving you a sweet kiss. 

"I'll be back, I promise. I just don't want to drag you into this life. You seem to be pretty well off here," Sam said, looking around your house. You chuckled. 

"I work as a waitress. In an okay-ish diner," You responded, smirking. Sam was the one to chuckle this time, kissing you once more, then picking you up and twirling you around. You squealed, arms wrapping around his neck and holding him for dear life. You both laughed, and you stumbled a bit as he set you down, dizziness preventing you from seeing straight. You sighed happily, looking up into his beautiful eyes. 

"Will I see you again?" You asked, your fingers dancing around themselves.

Sam smiled warmly. "I'll be back, I promise."

"Yo Sammy are ya ready?" Dean yelled from somewhere in the house. Sam sighed, walking towards the sound of his brother's voice with you trailing close behind. "The bodies have been taken care of, just so you know." Dean stood in the kitchen, his and Sam's duffles slung over his shoulders. The three of you headed outside, to the waiting Impala. 

You kissed Sam once more. "Don't die this time!" You laughed, watching as he and Dean sat in the car, and pulled out of the driveway.

You waved, receiving one from both Sam and Dean as they drove down the road. You watched the car until you could no longer see it, smiling to yourself despite everything that had just happened. 

This is not goodbye
I know we'll meet again
So let your life begin
'Cause this is not goodbye
It's just "I love you" to take with you
Until you're home again