Chapter Fifteen

You scrambled to a sitting position on the floor, despite the terrible pain in your chest. Sam Winchester was in front of you, alive and killing things. He turned to you after the monster dissolved, stepping forward and making you shuffle back. You winced from the pain.

"You're dead!" You shouted, searching for anything to protect yourself with. Sam raised his hands in a gesture of peace, but it did nothing to alleviate your fear. Dean came rushing into the living room at the commotion, seemingly unfazed by Sam's presence.

"Did you kill it?" Dean asked Sam. The latter nodded, cleaning his knife. You stared at both of them with wide eyes, trying to figure out what had happened while you had the memory. Sam stepped toward you, but you recoiled, causing Dean to stop Sam and step toward you instead.

"You're hurt. You need to calm down," He said. You tried, but kept your weary gaze on Sam. "Let us explain what happened," Dean continued. You nodded, wincing as you slowly stood up and sat back down on your couch. Dean stood next to you while Sam stood in front.

"I understand you're confused," Sam said, but you interrupted him.

"Confused is an understatement! What the hell happened?!" You cried out.

"You've been out for days now," Dean said, quieting you down almost instantly.

"Wh-what-"

"I had to use that spell before Sam was beyond its ability. I thought maybe this was just a really intense memory, but then you started thrashing around and collapsed to the floor. A mare appeared on your chest, and luckily Sam could find out how to kill it before it crushed the breath from your lungs." You sat back on your couch, the terrible pain in your chest and Sam's presence having been explained.

A silence settled around the room, none of you knowing what to say. You eventually thought of something, as the silence was beginning to grow unbearable.

"Well if I can trust this memory, the next spell should be hidden under the third stair," You said, looking toward Dean. "We should find them all and get rid of them before more monsters come looking," You added. Both brothers nodded, and you looked up at Sam, who seemed to be a bit off. "What's wrong?" You asked him, and saw him shift uncomfortably.

"Well, you're not going to mention the fact that I was kissing you- well not you you but doppelgängeryou..." His voice trailed off. You bit your bottom lip, trying to figure out the best way to continue. Sam looked at you with a mixture of hopefulness and fear, and you could only imagine that taking your time to answer would make it worse. So you stood up with haste, moving toward him and standing on your tiptoes. You tried to give him a kiss, but was only able to reach his chin. A confused look crossed his face.

"You know it'd be nice to receive some help here. I'm trying to kiss you in response!" You joked. A smile graced his features as he bent down, capturing your lips in a sweet kiss. You stayed like that for a few moments before breaking apart, staring into his eyes. You hadn't noticed before, but his had a beautiful hazel center in the middle of bluish-grey eyes. They were amazing. Somewhere behind you Dean cleared his throat.

"Save the chick-flick moments for later. We gotta find those spells."