I Can't Live Without Her- Chapter 24

I Can’t Live Without Her

Chapter 24

                Elizabeth knew she was going to go crazy. It had been a month since the Quidditch match and the incident in the tent when someone had come in there and frightened her. So far she had been safe, but it was a little impossible to feel threatened when she could not do anything without someone with her constantly. Even Minister Shacklebolt was overly protective, so obviously Draco had spoken to him about what had happened at the Quidditch match. When she was working with him he never let her out of sight, and if he had to leave he assigned someone else to be with her at the Ministry.

                Draco must have said something to Harry as well, because he was always coming to her office to check on her, even questioning her about the incident in the tent. Elizabeth tried to tell him it was nothing and she would be fine.

                “Elizabeth, Draco is worried about you and for good reason. What happened to you wasn’t normal and whoever it was in that tent is still out there. We are trying our best to investigate it in the aurors department, but we really don’t have much to go on, so right now you need to play it safe.”

                “Harry, I can’t even go to the loo without someone wanting to follow me in there,” she laughed.

                “I know it is rough, but better safe than sorry you know,” he said sternly.

                Even Hermione was visiting her more than usual, and insisting she never leave the Ministry without first contacting Draco or one of them. It was amazing that they were all that concerned for her.

                Elizabeth was leaving work early with Draco’s mother, Narcissa, so she could go try on wedding gowns. The wedding plans were all falling into place and it was already March and the wedding was less than a month away, the first weekend of April and Elizabeth had yet to get a gown. Elizabeth would be in her 5th month of her pregnancy, but her stomach was only slightly showing right now, so she wasn’t concerned about that. She wished she and Draco could marry now because all she wanted was to spend the rest of her life as Mrs. Draco Malfoy, but she had to admit the wedding was going to be beautiful.

                Elizabeth and Narcissa had decided to shop in muggle boutiques. The dresses were much more beautiful and Elizabeth was used to the muggle world of shopping. They tried one place, but didn’t really find anything. The second place was a lot better and Elizabeth picked out several she liked to try them on.

                She tried on two so far and was about to go in to try the third while Narcissa looked through a rack of gowns not too far away. Elizabeth closed the door to the dressing room when suddenly the electric lights went out in the little room. She could barely see in there and was about to call out for Narcissa when a cloth was placed over her face and she felt arms grab her tightly, like steel bands. She tried to fight, but she could feel herself going out as suddenly she felt light headed and a smothering feeling came over her. Elizabeth didn’t know what was wrong, but quickly her limbs felt like lead weights and she could feel a sense of darkness coming over her mind until all she wanted to do was sleep. Her last thought before she went out was Draco, but she couldn’t even call out for him.

                Draco was busy with one of the trade officials from Germany. They were working on how they could get more products out from each country to the other and make it profitable for both countries. Suddenly none other than Harry burst in on their meeting and from the look on Harry’s face Draco knew something was wrong. Draco quickly asked the German trade minister for a moment and went out the door with Harry.