Taken by Someone Else- Chapter 9

Chapter 9

                Elizabeth didn’t make it far down the streets of London before she had to stop because she felt as if she were about to break down. She sat on the steps of a secluded, closed down shop where no one on the streets could see her and she cried. She thought she would never stop as emotions flooded her. It had been so hard turning her back on Draco, but she couldn’t stay, not after what she’d done. She blamed him, but mostly she blamed herself. Not only had she not bothered to find out if he was married, but she had cheated on her on fiancé. The guilt was eating her up. Elizabeth knew she never loved Derek the way she now loved Draco. She had found the one man who could make her feel loved and he was taken by someone else. That was the way her life had always been. Any time something good came into her life it never lasted. There was always something that would ruin it.

                Elizabeth finally calmed down enough to make her way to her flat. But when she went in her apartment there was so many things to remind her of Draco and the night he spent there with her. Elizabeth soaked in the tub that night, remembering when they had bathed together and when she climbed into her bed, exhausted, sleep was hard to find as memories of being held by him in the same spot came flooding back. She tossed and turned most of the night until sleep finally claimed her, but then he was in her dreams. In the dream she was lost, somewhere in the wizarding world. Because everything was old and looked a lot like Diagon Alley, but the people there were all dressed in dark robes and hooded and they called her name eerily. Elizabeth tried to get away from them but they seemed to be floating at her. When she thought she would escape another would reach out for her. Elizabeth cried out for Draco in her dream but he was nowhere to be found. She woke up covered in sweat, it was still dark out and she looked at the clock. It was 4am in the morning. She finally fell asleep again, this time with no dreams and she slept like a rock.

                The next morning Elizabeth woke to the sound of a key turning in her lock. She sat up quickly, afraid. Especially after the terrible dreams she’d had the night before. It was light enough in the room that she saw the dark head of hair and then realized that it was Derek. He was back from his visit with his parents.

                “Good morning sweetheart,” he said as he came through the door, “sorry if I woke you up.” Derek made his way over to the bed and sat down beside her, “I’ve missed you,” he said, his fingers brushing her face, moving her hair back. “What’s this? Have you been crying?” he asked noticing her puffy eyes.

                “No, just couldn’t sleep, I had some bad dreams last night,” Elizabeth said tiredly.

                “Well I am here now, so I’ll help you get rid of those bad dreams,” he said looking at her with his deep brown eyes. Derek pulled her gently in his arms and Elizabeth let him hold her tightly. It wasn’t the same as being in Draco’s arms but it felt good to be comforted. But when he tried to kiss her, Elizabeth felt awkward and though she kissed him back like she had hundreds of times, it just didn’t feel right anymore, not after Draco’s kisses. He had ruined her for anyone else. And Derek seemed to notice it.

                “You must not be feeling well,” he said as he stopped the kiss.

                “Not really, it’s that time of the month,” she lied; it was the only excuse she could use right now because she knew she couldn’t let things go too far.

                “That’s okay, I understand,” he was being so nice that it made Elizabeth feel even worse.

                “How are your parents doing?” she changed the subject.