Don't Leave Me- Chapter 12

*** Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Hope it is a great one!!! :D ***

*** Short Chap, but good I hope :) ***

Don’t Leave Me

Chapter 12

                Draco was getting very worried that something was wrong. He’d had a feeling that something terrible was happening only hours earlier, but at the time he had been confronting his soon to be ex-wife over the fact that he had been at his parents seeing his son, Scorpius. She was refusing to sign the divorce papers that his lawyers had delivered to what use to be his home. After she had finally left he had made up his mind to go to Elizabeth, even though he had told her he would leave her alone he just couldn’t. Elizabeth was on his mind constantly and he worried for her. Sure, she was an independent woman, but he knew deep down she needed him as much as he needed her.

                First he went to the theater where she performed, but no one was there. Then he made his way to the coffee shop since it was late in the night she might be working. She wasn’t there and when he asked the guy behind the counter he got smart with him and said she was supposed to be working, but she had not called to say she would be out. Draco had wanted to hex him, but was proud of himself that he was able to refrain.

                He walked out and quickly apparated to the doors outside Elizabeth’s flat, not caring who might see him do it. He rang the buzzer to Elizabeth’s flat. No answer. He rang again and then a third time. He could feel his heart beating faster. Something was wrong. Elizabeth had never missed work, she was like clockwork and very dedicated to everything she did. He did not waste time to think that it was wrong of him to do it again, he just quickly disapparated, landing in Elizabeth’s one room studio.

                It was dark with no lights burning. His eyes quickly adjusted to the dark and then he noticed a still form on the bed. “Elizabeth,” he called softly, not wanting to wake her and frighten her. She didn’t move. Draco walked over and gently touched her shoulder. She woke up, screaming out and cringing from him. Draco quickly used his wand to light the lamp by her bed. Elizabeth was huddled, naked, at the headboard of her bed, whimpering. And then Draco got a good look at her nude body and face, “Oh my god, Elizabeth,” he went across the bed towards her.

                “Draco?” she asked in a rough whisper, not knowing it was him. Draco reached for her slowly. She was trembling and she cringed away from him, “Please, don’t touch me.”

                “Elizabeth, sweetheart, I am not going to hurt you,” Draco was seeing red. She was covered in bruises and a few scratches, but her hair was in wild disarray around her face. He used his hand to gently move her hair back without touching her. What he saw horrified him and he nearly lost control. Her face and neck was bruised badly and her left eye was black and purple and swollen shut to where she could not see out of it. If not for his girl curled up whimpering in a fetal position he would have lost it, but he had to maintain control of his temper for her sake, “It’s me Elizabeth, it’s Draco.”

                When he said that, she burst out sobbing, her whole body shaking with it. “You shouldn’t see me like this,” she was barely able to get out.

                Draco climbed up onto the bed beside her, pulling the blanket up and very gently bringing it around her, his arms going around her. Immediately she wrapped her arms around him tightly, burying her head in his chest, the sobs now rocking his body. He held her to him, just holding her in his arms like a baby, “You’re safe now,” he whispered in her hair, tears of his own running down his cheeks and into her hair. Why would anyone want to hurt her like this? Draco didn’t need to think about it long to figure out who had done this to her. He knew it had to be the fiancé. Elizabeth had probably told her fiancé about them and he had hurt her out of revenge. If Elizabeth did not need him so badly right now he would be hunting him down.