Healing Elizabeth- Chapter 13

Healing Elizabeth

Chapter 13

                Draco took Elizabeth back with him to his room on Diagon Alley. She had stayed in the hospital at Saint Mungos for two days and though she was almost completely healed physically, mentally she was still struggling with what had happened to her. Any quick movement or noise made her jump. Elizabeth didn’t talk much and she would sit to herself staring off into space, tears in her eyes. He had to be careful with her when he tried to comfort her because when he would reach for her she would flinch as if expecting him to hit her. Draco knew it was going to take a long time before Elizabeth was herself again.

                Draco had taken the liberty of getting her clothing, shoes, toiletries, and other things she might need while she had still been at Saint Mungos. He had to do it while she was sleeping because of the medication the healer had given her. He’d hated leaving her that way because Elizabeth did not like being alone and he knew she wasn’t ready to go back to her flat, the place where this terrible thing had happened.

                Elizabeth started coming to herself a little as she realized she had missed her work with the theater and the coffee shop, “Draco, I don’t know how I am going to do it, but I need to go back to work. What in the world is my theater troupe going to think about me never showing back up or calling?” she said softly. It was the first she had spoken since they had left the hospital. She had not even questioned him on why he had brought her to his room.

                “Elizabeth, I have already spoken to them and told them that you had an emergency that was keeping you away. They were very sympathetic and the director said that even though he had to give your part to another they are looking forward to you coming back and that you will always have a place there when you do come back. As for the coffee shop, I don’t want you to worry about going back there ever again. You work to much as it is and you have no business working those late hours,” Draco told her matter of fact.

                “But I need that job. I need both of them to pay my bills and school,” she stated getting upset.

                Draco got down on his knees in front of her where she was sitting in a soft arm chair. He slowly took her hands in his and looked her in the eyes, his silver-blue eyes looking at her intensely; he could see the worry in her ocean blue eyes, “I have already told you that you don’t have to worry about any of that. I want to take care of you if you will let me and you don’t have to worry because I have more than enough wealth to spare,” he slowly kissed her fingertips, “Please let me do that for you Elizabeth?”

                Elizabeth could feel the tears gathering in her eyes. Draco was being so kind to her. No one had ever done anything like this for her before. And he’d been there for her after Derek had done what he had to her body. She felt she didn’t deserve his kindness, “Draco, I can’t accept all that from you. I don’t see why you still want anything to do with me. I deserved it for what I did.” And Elizabeth really felt that way. After all she had cheated on Derek with a married man. It didn’t matter that this man was the one she had dreamed of for years and had finally found. She had still done a terrible thing.

                “Never say that again, Liza,” Draco said angrily, using her pet name he had for her, “You could never do anything bad enough to deserve what that asshole did to you, so get those thoughts out of that stubborn head of yours. And it would be impossible for me to not want to be with you. That will just never happen,” he finished softly.

                For Elizabeth, the tears started running down her cheeks in earnest as she realized just how much she loved this man. Oh, how she wished she had not turned her back on him when he had tried to talk to her and explain about his marriage. If she had stayed with Draco then the thing that Derek did to her probably never would have happened. Draco would have been there to protect her and she wouldn’t feel so defiled and dirty. But right now she did feel that way and unworthy of Draco Malfoy.