Chapter 42

Howie's POV

I was in the corral working with some horses we had all been really busy the past month all we did every day was work and sleep we didn't have to think about anything this place was huge it was one of the biggest jobs we ever had but when we did have free time to think it was about the girls. We all missed them Nick would count his money every week to see how much more he needed to buy Mallory's engagement ring and Kevin had started writing letters to Vanessa I hope everything was going okay with them back at the ranch I knew that by now Stacey would have taken over and put herself in charge she was also probably working herself sick to get the job done. I smile when I start thinking about Stacey then it hits me I shouldn't be here!! I should be home with Stacey the money wasn't worth being gone for so long once we finished the work we were doing today I was going to tell Nick and Kevin I was going home I didn't want this job anymore I was ready to see Stacey again.

Kevin's POV

I'm unloading supplies from one the trucks and I only feel two things I'm tired and I'm miserable the past thirty days away from Ness had been the worst thirty days of my life I know we had been apart before but I don't really remember much of that. The only thing I remember was being drunk but I had peace at night because all those nights I passed out from drinking I would have fantasies about Ness I could smell her shampoo, I could feel her lips against mine and right now all I was hoping for is that she was okay every night before I went to bed I prayed that she would forgive even though I didn't deserve it. I would understand if she didn't forgive me because I left her right after getting back together I know each one of us had good intentions for taking this job and I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that this was a good idea but in the end it wasn't worth it. I had been here for a month and that was a month too long it was time for me to go back home to Ness.

Nick's POV

I was out riding and checking on the fences there was only one thing on my mind and that was Mallory I hoped that she was okay I missed her a lot and I wanted nothing more than to be at home with her. I needed the job the extra money I was getting paid would be more than enough so I could buy her a really nice ring she deserved the perfect ring and I had found one but it was still a little out of my price range but all of this work and being gone for a month would be worth it when she finally saw the ring I know that I can make it I just had to hold out for another month maybe two at the longest. When I went back home and got down on one knee and asked her if she would marry me I knew that this would be worth it in the future if I got to spend the rest of my life with her I think back to our last day in the barn and everything that happened between us I think about us in the hayloft and the way our bodies moved together and the way it felt then it hits we forgot to use anything then I ask myself one question what if she was pregnant with my baby right now?

Girl's POV

We look at the guy standing in front of us it was amazing how much he looked like Kevin they could pass for twins he's very nice and polite so that was a plus. Mallory walks in the house wearing blue denim shorts, and black tank top Derek looks at her and runs his eyes over her Stacey coughs "How long have you been doing this kind of work?" He tears his eyes away from Mallory then answers the question "I've been doing this for a few years but it's going to be my first time working with so many lovely ladies." His eyes go back to Mallory she smiles and winks at him then he walks over and stands really close to her "How about you give me a tour of this place?" "Sure follow me." "Gladly." Derek follows her outside of the house and we wonder what just happened.

" Derek follows her outside of the house and we wonder what just happened