the only brave one

The only bad side 35

Violet's POV

My hands clenched in anger. Her eyes widened, god her squeaky voice annoyed me so much. It took a lot of self control not to just kill her right then and there when she uttered my name. That two timing bitch. I raised the knife so Aly could see it better. I stepped more into the room and shut the door and locked it. The only light came from the moon, from outside her window. I slowly played with the knife in my hand.
"Aly."
"Violet?"Her voice squeaked out making me clutch the knife with anger.
"Do you know why I'm here today?" I asked and she shook her head, her eyes wide. "I'm here because dear Lyndsey is in the hospital. My best friend, used to be yours too if I recall correctly. Sucks too. I'm just gonna let you in on a little secret though, before you, you know....have an 'accident'." This made Aly shiver and her eyes grow a little bit wider.
"Wh-what's the secret?" Aly asked, her full attention on me.
"Lyndsey hates you because of that little fight in grade school right?" I paused and Aly nodded her head. "I payed that weirdo to say he likes you." I whispered out making Aly gasp. "That's right. I was so jealous. Jealous of your friendship. Before you came along, I was Lyndsey's best friend. So I decided to take you down. Lyndsey loved that boy. And you 'broke' her heart. Now it's time for you to feel the pain she felt."
"But you caused the pain!" Aly yelled, anger laced in her words.
"Hell yeah I did. And I don't regret it. Like how I won't regret this." I locked the door with my free hand and made my way toward Aly.

Max's POV

I sat on the couch when I heard a sound from upstairs.
"Yo dude? You hear that?" I asked John, hitting him awake.
"Nah dude your paranoid."
"I swear I heard something upstairs..." I said eyeing the stair case leading  to a hallway with Aly's room.
"Go back to sleep Max." John said plopping his head back down. I sighed and laid my head back down on the couch pillow. That's when I heard voices and the sound of Aly's door closing.
"John. Someone else is in the house."
"Dude no one's here!"
"I just heard a door close! I heard voices too!" I said, getting more anxious.
"It was probably just the wind." John said, laying his head down again.
"John."
"Max what?"
"Please come check it with me. Please." I said it in a way that when John looked up he saw I was really worried.
"Fine." We both got up and made our way to Aly's door. John reached over and tried to open the door but found it locked.
"What the?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion. "Aly never locks her door."
"You think someone else is here?" John asked, whispering. I nodded my head.
"Yo Aly? You okay?"
"Err um yeah Max I'm fine." Aly called back, sounding a little too cheerful.
"Why's your door locked?"
"I wanted some privacy." It was supposed to come out like a statement, but sounded more like a question.
"Al? Can you open up please?" I asked trying to use the handle again.
"Max...this isn't a good time."
"Oh. Well alright..." I said sounding defeated. John gave me a surprised look and whispered to me.
"What are you doing?"
"On 3 we knock down the door, okay?" I asked and John suddenly had a determined look on his face and nodded.
"1...2...3!" I yelled and we knocked the door straight down. There in front of me, was my girlfriend, with a knife to her throat. I gasped and so did John.
"Max. Get out of here. We just want some privacy." Violet said, coldly.
"Violet?! What the fuck?" I exclaimed but stood frozen in my spot.
"Max, this must be done. It is what Lyndsey wants."
"Lyndsey put you up to this?!" I asked annoyed.
"No I do what I please, but my dear cousin did want this to happen." Violet said, her voice making me shiver.
"Your just going to kill Aly?" I asked, surprised my voice came out calm.
"Max! Don't get involved!" Aly tried to say but Violet started to press the knife a little bit more against her throat and she shut up.
"Violet. I have an idea."
"Oh do tell Maxy." Violet said rolling her eyes.
"Take me instead."
"What?!" John and Aly both exclaimed at the same time.
"Max, dude you can't do that!" John said.
"Agreed!" Aly said but quickly stopped when pressure was added to her throat.
"Violet think of this. Aly would be heartbroken without me. She would suffer much longer. Instead of a slit of the throat and bam, dead." I said and John's mouth hung open.
"What do you say Violet, do we have a deal?"

OMG! Can you believe Max?! Do you think Violet will go for it? Will she actually kill him? Or will Violet kill Aly instead? THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS! lol anyway hoped you liked it! I will try to upload soon!