the bestfriends

Aly's POV

"We need to break up." Max's words echoed in my head. I let my hands drop from his neck and I stepped away from him, my face in confusion.
"Wh-what?"
"We have to break up..." Max said not reaching my gaze.
"But I thought....I thought you loved me."
"I can't love you." He whispered, tears welled in my eyes at his words. His hurtful words. Max hurt me.
"I-" I was cut off by Max's lips. In about half a minute we came up for air. This kiss wasn't his average kiss. (like they ever were) This kiss had passion, love, sparks and fireworks. But most importantly... Regret. He looked at me straight in my eyes.
"I had to do that one more time." Max's hands rested on my face and he just looked so sad. My eyes were welling with so many tears that I could barley see his face. I knew Max, he wasn't happy about this. I tried to kiss him again but he wasn't holding me anymore. "I have to go..." with that Max was gone. My boyfriend-er ex-boyfriend...was gone.

Max's POV

I went straight to my car. I can't be here. I can't see her. Her eyes were filled with such hurt...I didn't know I could cause that. I started driving home, then thought better of it because Elle was home now, resting still because of Zack. I drove to the woods. I hopped out of my car and walked some ways through it. Then I came at a stop at a place I loved. My tree house. I made it when I was about 13. Me and John love this place. If we are mad, this is our little rehab. It helps us clear are head. This tree house is ours, it's home. Right now... I really need to be here.

Steph's POV

'Bathroom on the freshman side of the school. I need you.' I got a text in English saying this from my best friend. This isn't good. I asked to go to the bathroom. (which really wasn't a lie) I ran into the bathroom across the school, and was panting from jogging here.
"Al?" I called out as I entered the restroom. I heard soft crying from a few stalls down. I locked the door to the bathroom and knocked on the stall door. "Aly?" Suddenly the lock was undone and I was let in. There was toilet paper all across the floor and her eyes were red, her clothes were messed up and she sat in the corner, leaning against the walls, tears were lightly streaming down her face. Oh no. It must have been...
"Max." Aly answered my thoughts.
"What happened. You know I'm always here for you." she nodded and pulled her legs to her chest and rested her head on my shoulder as I sat down next to her on the ground.
"He broke up with me." her words surprised me. Broke up with her? Why? He loved her. A blind man could see that!
"Want me to kick his ass?" I asked half joking.
"Yes."
"Wait really?!" I asked excitedly.
"No dumb butt. He'd knock you out cold with one punch to the jaw."
"Wow way to lower my self esteem..." I asked faking a sad look. She just nodded her head. I hugged her and she cried lightly onto my shoulder.
"Girls night in?"
"It's Tuesday night..."
"So? This is important." She nodded and continued crying into my shoulder.

John's POV

I climbed up the latter and knocked on the door to the tree house. Max had to come here. I kinda expected this from him. He doesn't take heartbreak too well.
"Max?" I asked opening the door to see Max sitting in some lawn chairs we'd put up here. He was sound asleep. His face looked puffy from crying. I came in and closed the door then shook Max awake.
"Max wakeup."
"Hm?" He asked sleepily.
"Max it's John. Come on, let's get outta here."
"I can't I hate the world." He said grumpily. I sighed.
"Want to play archery?" A smile coming to my face. He nodded his head weakly. We set up an archery board and we have arrows and bows in the treehouse. Max really likes to play archery. He's good at it too. I handed him a bow and 6 arrows. And got my own arrows and bow. We climbed down from the treehouse and started shooting. Usually we do this if Max is upset. It's funny, when he's upset he always gets all the bull's eye. Yep he's upset. He got all in the yellow. I sighed and then I went. This breakup was going to be a hard one.

It breaks my heart that they are broken up :( Did see that one coming from Roy huh? My friend who read this said that she "thought he took it too well" and that she "refuses to admit it's him and it's jut a stalker" haha! I'm sad about the whole Roy thing. Roy reminds me of my big brother (actually my brother is supposed to be Roy) this story is actual somewhat my life. Except the ending will porbably be happy and mine didn't come out completely happy-endingish haha. Anyway, if you like the chapter please comment and vote! Thanks! :)